Organization: Solidar Suisse
Closing date: 30 Sep 2018
Solidar Suisse is a Swiss International NGO founded in 1936 and member of the European Solidar network. We support and implement projects in the fields of Decent Work, Governance, and Humanitarian Aid in 14 countries worldwide.
Vacancy: Emergency Response Representative
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: Fixed term contract of 6 months, with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Cox Bazar, Bangladesh
Reporting to: Desk Officer Solidar HQ (Switzerland)
Background and purpose of the position
Solidar Suisse aims to becoming operational in the Rohingya refugee crisis response, by supporting capable local partner organisations in the implementation of a livelihood/resilience programme. For this purpose, we seek for a national emergency response delegate whose responsibility will be to assist Solidar Suisse in identifying and assessing suitable partner organizations, lead the planning process, and propose high quality project proposal for submission to Solidar’s back-donors. He/she will represent Solidar Suisse in Bangladesh amongst all relevant stakeholders and provide technical support to local partner organizations. He/she will be based in Cox Bazar with regular field trips to the camp and host communities in the project area.
Strategic planning, project design & planning
- In collaboration with identified local partner organizations, lead the process of strategic and operational planning by elaborating feasible programming strategies.
- Translate agreed programming strategies into feasible project designs and write project proposals, meeting the expected requirements of the back-donor.
Capacity building for local implementing partners
- Assess institutional capacity building needs of the partner organization, elaborate and implement a strategy to respond to identified needs of the local NGO.
- Ensure that project reports, templates, monitoring systems, logistic and financial requirements fulfill Solidar Suisse and donor standards.
Representation & liaison
- Represent Solidar vis-a-vis partner organisations, Swiss Embassy, international donors and other relevant actors and take initiative to network and to identify funding opportunities.
- Liaise with national/ international organizations and lead donor collaboration, fund raising and project development within the country.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior position in planning and managing humanitarian assistance, ideally in displacement settings and/or protracted crises. Expatriate experience is a strong asset.
- Previous work experience in the Rohingya Crisis Response in Bangladesh, preferably in the fields of livelihoods
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Proven experience in organizational-, and strategic development of local NGOs.
- Thematic experience in the fields of livelihood programming, WASH, and shelter.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Proficiency in written English. Strong communication, reporting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound knowledge of legal requirements and processes for INGOs operating in or wishing to establish a presence in Bangladesh.
Note: this is a start-up position which requires flexibility and the interest and ability to work in an organizational set-up yet to be established.
If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements, please send your application
including motivation letter, detailed CV, ad contact details of 3 referees, and earliest starting date by e-mail with Subject “Emergency Response Representative, Bangladesh” before 22nd September, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.