Are you an experience Emergency Manager who can bring support to partner or Tearfund operational programmes in a humanitarian or crisis setting? Do you have experience in providing training and mentoring support for humanitarian good practice to both partners and direct operations? You might be who Tearfund is looking for to fill this role in the East & Central Africa Region (South Sudan, DRC, CAR, Burundi, Ethiopia & Rwanda).
The generic purpose of the role is:
- To cover the roles of Area Coordinator (AC), Deputy Country Director (DCD) or similar levels, in direct operations where recruitment gaps exist (80-85% of the role).
- To be the first person on the ground in new disasters, leading Tearfund’s initial emergency response either with partners or to set up a new direct operation.
- To be a facilitator and driver of good practice in the field, including capturing and disseminating new learning, be a trainer on the Disaster Management Development Programme (DMDP) and support the briefing and development of Tearfund Emergency Response Register (ERR).
- To provide ad hoc capacity development support for the Humanitarian Support Team for both partners and direct operations.
You will have:
- Degree and/or equivalent qualification in humanitarian response, development, or management related subjects.
- Proven people and programme Management experience
- Proven experience in the following areas
- Needs/capacities assessment
- Project design and implementation
- Disaster response management
- Financial management
- Strategic planning
- Working in accordance with corporate structures, policies and practices.
- Training and facilitating
- Negotiation and representation
- Security management
- Previous experience of working with partners on disaster response and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Proven ability in disaster response management including: project cycle management, capacity building, training skills, planning, implementation and evaluation
Applicants require strong English & French language skills (written and spoken) and must have the right to live and work in South Sudan, DRC, CAR, Ethiopia, Burundi or Rwanda.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs and the recruitment process includes specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
How to apply
All applications need to be completed online using ouronline registration form. As you progress through your application, please ensure that you save each section.
If after reading though theJob Profile, you have any questions or want to find out more about our recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Please ensure that your application clearly shows how your skills and experience meet the requirements for this post.