Organization: International Rescue Committee
TITLE: Employment Integration Program Development Lead (PDL)
PROGRAM: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
BASE LOCATION: Athens
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator, Athens
DURATION: Fixed- Term 6 months – start date asap
BACKGROUND TO IRC:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, the IRC aims to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The International Rescue Committee works in Greece from July 2015 responding and providing aid to the influx of refugees and migrants. The IRC’s programming in Greece currently focuses on three key areas of programming on the Greece mainland, Northern Greece and Lesvos: Protection, WASH, and Economic Recovery and Development.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Employment Integration PDL on the Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) team will lead the development of the
Employment Integration program in Greece, and the identification of local and funding opportunities, liaises with stakeholders and potential partners, builds the capacity of the Employment Integration team. S/He will identify opportunities for establishing IRC as a lead actor in Employment Integration programming in Greece and link with key stakeholders and partners. IRC Greece has long term funding for Employment Integration programming to support vulnerable refugee and host communities in Athens to access income generation through employment and self-employment. Working through employment and business development service providers the IRC will support access to job counseling, legal counseling, job referral, life skills, vocational training, on thejob training and microenterprise – all coordinated through IRC’s partnerships approach.
Technical Quality and Program Development
- Leads the development of the livelihood programming in Greece; identifies opportunities to advance the program and to build strategic partnerships. S/He establishes the Employment Integration programming in Greece.
- Advances IRC strategies to further engage private sector and economic stakeholders, including businesses, cooperatives, business support entities, local and national level government and NGOs.
- Ensures a high quality of programming is being conducted by supervising the Employment Integration team.
- Ensures appropriate methodologies and technical approaches are implemented for all program activities in line with the Outcomes and Evidence Framework – working with the ERD team and IRC’s ERD Technical Advisors to ensure global best practice to programming is applied.
- Supports development of research agenda for Employment Integration work along with the Program Coordinator, M&E teams and IRC’s ERD Technical Advisors.
Proposal Development, Grant Compliance & Implementation
- Leads the development of all Employment Integration-related proposals and concept notes including budgets and M&E. .
- Ensures regular monitoring and modification to on-going programming as required.
- Supports the Employment Integration (Livelihoods) Manager to regular donor and internal reporting as needed.
- Supports the Employment Integration Team in the implementation of the current programs.
Human Resources Capacity Building
- Identifies capacity building needs of the Employment Integration team, develops and implements capacity building plans.
- Monitors capacity development.
- Invests in building the capacity of the team through coaching and training.
- Maintains an open and professional relation with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Contributes in timely completion and submission of technical performance reviews.
- Responsible for adhering to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Coordination & Representation
- Supports the Employment Integration (livelihoods) Manager in representation & the development of long-term relations with external stakeholders.
- Actively advances IRC’s connections to livelihood actors at national level, seeking avenues for partnership, collaboration and coordination of activities.
- Supports/builds capacity the Employment Integration (livelihoods) Manager in leading the Livelihoods WG
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepare M&E plans for all new interventions and in line with IRC’s M&E framework.
- Support the Employment Integration (livelihoods) Officer on program monitoring as required.
- Ensures monthly monitoring reports are drafted on the output/impact of the Employment Integration Program
- Follow up on indicator progress and achievement.
- Participate in regular team meetings and supervision sessions.
- Attend trainings and assist in organizing trainings as required.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks.
- Maintain relevant program files.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC WAY Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Program Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Employment Integration Officers and Employment Integration Assistant
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Partnerships Manager, M&E Manager & Officer, Grants Department, ERD Technical Unit, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Research Evaluation and Learning Technical Unit.
External: Program Partner organisations, relevant working groups, local and national government entities such as the Municipality of Athens, Ministry of Economy and Trade and Ministry of Social Affairs, Ministry of Migration Policy, Chambers of Commerce, businesses and business development entities, peer and partner agencies, donors.
- BA/BS Degree in economics, business administration, international development, law, and/or related certification required; MA/MS/MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 7 year professional experience in Employment Integration/Livelihood programming in European context and/or urban settings.
- Experience in program development.
- Demonstrated private sector experience, or experience supporting business and skill development.
- Previous experience in in NGO environment will be considered a strong asset.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills; previous
- Experience in conducting surveys and research is valuable.
- Experience in chairing WGs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Experience working with local partners including government and non-governmental organizations and providing technical and capacity building support.
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required; Greek will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience with IRC will be a plus.
This position will be based out of the IRC office in Athens, Greece.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Interested applicants should submit a CV, a cover letter and a list of 3 business references in English to IRCGreece.Jobs@rescue.org
Deadline for receiving applications is the 5th of October 2018. Due to the urgency of the recruitment, candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis and the deadline for receiving applications may close earlier as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Please take into consideration that this is an EU national employment position. Only EU citizens are eligible for hiring.