Highlights/updates since the last map was sent on PacNet on 07 September 2020
- DENV-3 in Republic of the Marshall Islands:There have been3,591dengue-like-illness cases of which 1,719 have been laboratory confirmed by the Republic of the Marshall Islands between May 2019 and 08 September 2020.Two (2)deaths were reported since June 2019. The outbreak is ongoing. – Source: Dengue-3 Outbreak in Republic of the Marshall Islands Situation Report, 31 August 2020.
- DENV-2 in French Polynesia:Since April 2019,2,949cases of DENV-2 have been reported in French Polynesia. Based on the results since week 28, French Polynesia is no longer in the epidemic phase of DENV-2.The alert is removed from the map.-Source: Bulletin de surveillance sanitaire, French Polynesia, Week 31-34 sent on PacNet on 11 September 2020.
- DENV-2 in Wallis and Futuna:An outbreak of dengue serotype 2 is declared in Futuna. There have been17cases reported in Futuna in the past two months.A red alert is added to the map.– Source: Epidemiological surveillance bulletin 18/2020 from the Wallis and Futuna Health Agency andmedia articleaccessed on 14 September 2020.
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Australia: As of 13 September 2020,26,651confirmed cases of COVID-19including810deaths were reported in Australia. Of the newly reported cases, the majority have been from Victoria. – Source:Department of Health, Australian Governmentaccessed on 14 September 2020.
- New Zealand:As of 14 September 2020,1,798confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 and **24 **deaths were reported by New Zealand Ministry of Health.– Source :New Zealand Ministry of Healthaccessed on 14 September 2020.
- Hawaii:As of 13 September 2020,10,700cases of COVID-19 and99deaths were reported by Hawaii Department of Health. – Source :State of Hawaii, Department of Healthaccessed on 14 September 2020.
- Guam:As of 12 September 2020,1,891cases and26deaths were reported by Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS). – Source :Guam Department of Public Health and Social Servicesaccessed on 14 September 2020.
- Papua New Guinea:As of 13 September 2020, there have been511cases and6deaths reported in PNG.– Source:Papua New Guinea COVID-19accessed on 14 September 2020.
- French Polynesia:As of 13 September 2020,993new caseshave been confirmed since July 15, 2020. In total, **1,055 **confirmed cases ofCOVID-19 have been notified in French Polynesia between 10 March 2020 and 13 September 2020.– Source:Direction de la santeaccessed on 14 September 2020.
- Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas (CNMI):As of 14 September 2020,60confirmed cases of COVID-19 and2deaths were reported by CNMI. – Source:Commonwealth Healthcare Corporationaccessed on 14 September 2020.
Outside of the Pacific
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19):A total of28,902,753cases of COVID-19 and922,737deaths were reported globally as of 14 September 2020. Confirmed cases have been reported in 188 countries/regions. – Source:John Hopkins CSSEaccessed on 14 September, 2020 at 3:26pm.
- Other updates and information on Coronavirus disease 2019(COVID-19)can be accessed atWHO Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation reportsandWHO Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Dashboard.