Equality Fund Grants for Women Rights and Feminist Organizations
Equality Fund Call for Applications for Grants for Women Rights and Feminist Organizations.
The Equality Fund is accepting applications from women’s rights and feminist organizations.
Women’s rights organizations and feminist movements around the world are at the forefront of change—holding the line, resisting against rights violations, addressing the visible and invisible impacts of COVID-19, demanding equality, and driving solutions to get us there.
The Equality Fund invests in the brave work to build a more equal world, together.
The Equality Fund is an international feminist fund based in Canada.
It is a groundbreaking collaboration harnessing diverse actors to catalyze new momentum for women’s rights and feminist movements.
Building on the experience of The MATCH International Women’s Fund and with significant contributions from the Government of Canada and other donors, they provide resources to women’s rights and feminist organizations working from the grassroots level to the regional and global stage.
Equality Fund grants sizes range from $10,000 CAD/year to $100,000 CAD/year for some of the larger organizations.
Who Can Apply?
The Equality Fund is seeking Organizational Profiles from women’s rights and feminist organizations that:
- Are primarily governed, led, and directed by local women, youth, girls, and/or non-binary people (i.e. women, youth, girls, and/or non-binary people make up a majority of the organization’s staff and board or coordinating committee);
- Have the promotion of women, youth, girls, and non-binary people’s rights as their primary mission—and not only as the focus of part of their programmes;
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective for structural change on issues affecting women, youth, girls, and/or non-binary people;
- Are committed to feminist movement building and collaborating with other women, youth, LBTQI, and/or Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) organizations;
- Are able to complete proposal documents, narrative, and financial reports in English,
- French, or Spanish (additional language capacity will be added in the future);
- Have been working for at least one year at the time of filling out their Organizational Profile;
- Are registered/headquartered in an ODA- eligible country in the Middle East, Asia and The Pacific, Central and South America and Eastern Europe.For groups based in Africa or CARICOM countries;
Are able to demonstrate the organizational capacity to accept, manage, and report on funds directly or through an established relationship with a fiscal partner;
Apply by 5th October.
For more information and application details, see; Equality Fund Grants for Women Rights and Feminist Organizations