- Takes overall responsibility for compliance with the European Union’s Communication & Visibility Manual during implementation.
- Liaises with other team members at the country office to ensure there is synergy and close collaboration and complementarity between the project and other country programs.
- Liaises with the Project Manager based in Kampala to support development and implementation of Project modules and models (such as for accelerated learning, for professional development of teachers/educators)
- In close coordination with the Education Team in South Sudan and Project Manager, represents the project in the country vis à vis country stakeholders including education cluster.
- Regularly conducts context analysis relevant to the project and makes recommendations to country project team and partners on the trends and opportunities. The job holder will be expected to keep abreast with latest developments in the focus areas of the project or how those developments impact the implementation of the project.
- Liaises with the rest of the Project Management Unit to initiate the linking and learning of the work and country / regional/global project teams.
- Engages with the Ministry of General Education and Instructions at the federal and state levels to develop professional relationship and make presentation from time to time to inform the ministry officials of project status.
- Contributes to country funding initiatives such as providing input into concepts and proposals related to the project and to the Education theme.
Communication, Coordination and Partner Support
· Coordinates project implementation amongst partners in South Sudan and facilitates ongoing exchange of information regarding the project activities with and among project partners (both at national, regional and global levels) and where needed with other relevant actors.
- Supports the monitoring of activities and collection of data on an annual basis in close partnership with the consortium partners and the project’s Education Officer in respect to data collection for each of their activities.
- Identifies and addresses capacity development and learning needs of local partners and the projects Education Officer that influence the delivery of project outcomes.
- Is responsible for coordinating national level education policy influencing and advocacy with the partners, including facilitation and support to the development of national advocacy campaigns and materials, organising national policy dialogue forums and participation in relevant events organised by others.
Compliance and Reporting
- Participates in country level reporting on the project.
- Develops and maintains a country level project database and maintain records, documents and other communication materials related to the project available for partners
Requirements for the job
· At least 5 years’ experience working with partners in an international NGO setting.
· Knowledge of and affinity with Building Resilience Education Opportunities in Fragile Crisis Affected Environments projects.
· Relevant Academic background (degree in Education from a recognized university/ Master’s degree in Education would be an added advantage)
· Excellent written and verbal English
· Administrative project management skills
· Excellent ICT skills (Microsoft Office and database)
· Excellent organizational, coordination and networking skills;
· Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a multicultural environment
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
· Ability to analyze budgetary line items for compliance with budget guidelines
How to apply
NB: This position is open to south Sudanese Nationals Only, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted.
Deadline for submission of applications is 04 June 2021.Interested Applicants should send soft copies of their CVs and Cover letters to Hrsouthsudan@oxfam.org.uk or drop hard copies of their CVs to Oxfam Office in Juba.