Preferred start date:January 2019
Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are one of the most ambitious and most exciting international development charities around and this is your chance to be a part of an incredible fundraising adventure!
At Street Child, we are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed, keeping overheads low so that as much funding as possible can go to our projects in West Africa and Asia. We are currently looking for a business development intern to join us in our Barcelona office. The preferred internship duration is 6 months, however shorter availabilities can be discussed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are some examples of your responsibilities:
- Identifying ideas by researching the industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locating or proposing potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discover and explore opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies & positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Create new opportunities to increase financial support. This will involve identifying new sources of funding and potential corporate supporters and securing their involvement and collaborative partnership
- Build up media partnerships to promote our work and our international challenges.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. We also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+. As Street Child is still a fairly new organization, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships and you will have the chance to make a big impact for a great cause.
Moreover, by working with a young, dynamic and international team, you will meet culturally diverse people and have the opportunity to practise different languages. Our weekly team lunch is a good example of the positive and friendly atmosphere at Street Child’s office, situated in the heart of Barcelona’s old town.
After your internship, you will have the optional opportunity to apply for our International Volunteering Program where you will contribute to Street Child’s activities in the field and see first hand the impact our work has on children and families !
● Key characteristics: Self-motivated, pro-active and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
● Areas of university studies: include but are not limited to marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
● Skills: excellent communication skills with professional manner via telephone and email. English language skills are necessary. One or more other European languages skills are highly recommended. Knowledge of the web, social media and Microsoft Office will be needed.
The office set-up we use recommends you to bring your own laptop to work from.
If you want to apply for an internship at Street Child or if you have any open question, contact our HR department firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your application, please email your CV, a brief cover letter why you want to intern at Street Child, how you heard about us and the preferred dates of your internship.