EU Call for Proposal for Grants for Governance and Sanitation in Congo
The European Union (EU) is currently seeking proposals to strengthen the role and contribution of civil society in improving local governance and sanitation in the cities of Nkayi and Owando.
Objectives The present call for proposals has the following specific objective (s):
Sanitation of the urban environment and improvement of hygiene practices for populations. Improvement of local, gender-sensitive governance and participation of communities, especially women.
The priorities of this call for proposals are listed below:
- Implementation of a waste management service at the scale of the cities of Nkayi and Owando.
- Support households in bringing their wastewater management facilities up to standard on the plot.
- Support the population in understanding the issues related to good management of sanitation systems, both collectively and individually.
- Supporting civil society, in particular women’s organizations, in its role of spokesperson and relay of the population to local authorities.
- Emphasis should be placed at all levels and in all aspects of the action on specific activities for women and young people. Failure to take into account or insufficient consideration of this aspect will be penalized at the time of the evaluation.Funding Information
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must be between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: EUR 4,000,000;
- Maximum amount: 5,000,000 EUR.Eligibility Criteria
- To claim a grant, the lead applicant must:
- Be a legal person and;
- Be non-profit; and
- Belong to the following category: civil society organizations; and
- Be established in one of the countries eligible under the ACP-EC Partnership Agreement, in the rules provided for in Annex IV to this agreement, as revised by Decision No 1/2014 of the ACP-EU Council of Ministers of June 20, 2014 (2014/428 / EU); and
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant (s) and the affiliated entity or entities, and not act as an intermediary.The lead applicant must act with co-applicants in accordance with the requirements below.
- He must have at least two co-applicants, including one established in the department of Bouenza who will act in the city of Nkayi and one established in the department of Cuvette which will act in the city of Owando.Co-applicants
- The co-applicants participate in the development and implementation of the action, and the costs they bear are eligible in the same way as those borne by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must meet the same eligibility criteria as those which apply to the lead applicant himself.
- If the grant is awarded to them, any co-applicants become beneficiaries under the action (with the coordinator).Affiliated Entities
- The lead applicant and his co-applicant (s) may act with one or more affiliated entities.
- Only the following entities can be considered affiliated with the lead applicant and / or the co-applicant (s):
- Only entities that have a structural link with the applicants (the lead applicant or a co-applicant), in particular a legal or capital link.
- This structural link mainly encompasses two concepts: Control, within the meaning of Directive 2013/34 / EU relating to annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain types of business;The entities affiliated to an applicant can therefore be:
- Sub entities controlled directly or indirectly by the applicant (first-tier subsidiaries or subsidiaries) or controlled by an entity itself controlled by the applicant (sub-subsidiaries or second-level subsidiaries), and this is valid for the other levels of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Similarly, it can be entities controlling an entity controlling the requester. entities controlled, directly or indirectly, at the same level as the applicant (sister companies).
- Membership, i.e. the applicant is legally defined as, for example, a network, federation or association of which the proposed affiliated entity is a member, or the applicant is a member of the same entity ( for example, a network, a federation, an association, etc.) that the proposed affiliated entity.How to Apply
In order to apply for the grants, applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
Apply by 13th May.
For more information and application details, see; Repeat Headline