EU Call for Proposals to Support Civil Society – Women and Media
EU Call for Proposals to Support Civil Society – Women and Media – EU Call for Proposals: Supporting Civil Society, Women and Media towards Promoting Human Rights, Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in Eswatini.
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organizations for a program entitled “Support to Civil Society, Women and Media towards Promoting Human Rights, Gender Equality and Women Empowerment in Eswatini”.
- The global objective of this call for proposals is to empower civil society organisations on the ground and support their actions to promote and defend democracy, human rights, gender equality and empowerment of women.The specific objectives of this call for proposals are:
- Support to human rights defenders and organisations on the topics of encouraging a culture of tolerance and inclusiveness, notably in relation to recommendations from UN and other regional bodies, in particular, the Universal Periodic Review 2016 of the Kingdom of Eswatini.
- Women participation in decision making and advocacy for legal reforms necessary to promote and defend women’s rights.
- Strengthening the capacity of citizens, civil society and the media to participate and develop public debates on human rights and gender equality issues. Size of GrantsAny grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR450,000.00 and EUR465,000.00.
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- Be a legal person or an entity without legal personality or natural person and
- Be non-profit-making and
- Be a Civil Society Organisation (CSO)or an Association of CSOs and be established in any country
- When the lead applicant is not established in eSwatini, it must act with at least one co-applicant established in eSwatini.Co-applicant (s)
Co-applicants are mandatory as follows:
- If the lead applicant is established in a member state of the European Union and other eligible countries (except Eswatini), a minimum of one eSwatini organisation as co-applicant is required (i.e. the lead applicant and one eSwatini co-applicant).
- If the lead applicant is an organisation established in Eswatini, no co-applicant is required.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.Affiliated Entities
The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies). Only the following entities may be considered as affiliated entities to the lead applicant and/or to co-applicant(s):
Only entities having a structural link with the applicants (i.e. the lead applicant or a co-applicant), in particular a legal or capital link.
This structural link encompasses mainly two notions:
Control, as defined in Directive 2013/34/EU on the annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain types of undertakings
- Entities affiliated to an applicant may hence be:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant(parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
- Membership, i.e. the applicant is legally defined as a e.g. network, federation, association in which the proposed affiliated entities also participate or the applicant participates in the same entity (e.g. network, federation, association) as the proposed affiliated entities.How to Apply
The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applicationsThe concept note together with the declaration by the lead applicant must be submitted at the address given on the website.For more information and application details, see; EU Call for Proposals to Support Civil Society – Women and Media