Get an overview of the EU relevant actors and main programmes and identify funding opportunities which are more suitable for your organisation’s long-term strategy. Discover how to be successful in getting funds from the EU, writing good project proposals and budgeting. Be prepared for managing EU funded project by acquiring competences in results-oriented monitoring, partnership and networking, reporting, ensuring costs eligibility and auditing. Participants will be equipped with knowledge and skills to solve all types of issues and challenges in the implementation of EU-funded projects, in particular those financed by DG DEVCO (EuropeAid) and DG NEAR.
To ensure an in-depth knowledge of the European Union as a donor, a correct application of the key rules for a smooth management of EU-funded project and the use of proper monitoring system and tools.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe main roles of the different EU Institutions
- Identify relevant EU funding opportunities and calls for proposals
- Select DG DEVCO/DG NEAR funding opportunities according to own organisation’s mission and strategy
- Prepare successful project proposals according to the logframe approach
- Know and properly apply PRAG procedures concerning Grants (e.g. costs eligibility, visibility, amendments, reporting, records keeping)
- Build and manage effective project partnership
- Set up a suitable monitoring plan
- Report on results achieved and related costs incurred
- Be prepared for an audit
Target group and prerequisites
Staff of not-for-profit organisations with none or limited experience on EU development programmes, university / post graduate students, consultants who are interested in getting an overview of the EU programming and funding system, as well as the key rules to follow when managing EU (DG EuropeAid/DG NEAR) funds.
A previous experience / knowledge on access and management of EU funds is not required.
Number of participants
20 maximum per session.
3 days (from 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. CET/CEST)
400 euro | EARLY & MULTIPLE BOOKING: 320 €