Deadline: 4 April 2019
The European Commission is inviting applications for its program entitled “Not-for-profit European Sport Events Grant Program”.
Not-for-profit European Sport events aim to support:
- Volunteering in sport;
- Social inclusion through sport;
- Gender equality in sport,
- Health-enhancing Physical Activity (HEPA)
- Implementation of the European Week of Sport
This Action provides financial support for:
- the organisation of European-wide sport events organised in one Programme Country;
- national events – organised simultaneously in several Programme Countries by not-for-profit organisations or public bodies active in the field of sport.
What does it Support
- The following standard activities will be supported under this Action (non-exhaustive list):
- Organisation of training activities for athletes, coaches, organisers and volunteers in the run-up to the event;
- Organisation of the event;
- Organisation of side-activities to the sporting event (conferences, seminars);
- Implementation of legacy activities (evaluations, drafting of future plans);
- Communication activities linked to the topic of the event.
- The expected results of these events are:
- Increased visibility and awareness of events aimed at promoting social inclusion, equal opportunities and health-enhancing physical activity;
- Increased participation in sport, physical activity and volunteering activity.
- The following activities are not eligible under this action:
- Sport competitions organised by international, European or national sport federations/leagues on a regular basis;
- Professional sport competitions.
- Any public body or non-profit organisation active in the field of sport, established in a Programme Country can be the applicant.
- For example (non-exhaustive list):
- a public body in charge of sport at local, regional or national level;
- a sport organisation at local, regional, national, European or international level;
- the coordinator of a national event organised in the framework of a European event in the field of sport.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more in formation, please visit https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/actions/sport/not-for-profit-european-sport-events_en