Organization:Options Consultancy Services
We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully leading on evidence and accountability to our team in Uganda of the UK-Aid funded Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH2ACTION) Lot 2 programme. He/She will provide excellent leadership and support to the team and consultants based in Uganda, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
Summary purpose and objective of role
The Evidence and Accountability Advisor will be responsible for ensuring minimum quality standards and service for SRH/FP are delivered through tracking of quality improvement indicators and acting on gaps. He/She will also leverage existing coalitions to facilitate an effective accountability mechanism(s) to track SRH/FP commitments and outcomes. The Advisor will work closely with the National Ownership Lead and the Policy and Planning Advisor in Uganda as well as the Regional Evidence and Accountability Specialist in Nairobi, Options’ staff in London, and consortium partners, to ensure evidence and accountability approaches strategically strengthen government stewardship over SRH/FP in Uganda.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· At least an Undergraduate degree in public health, health management or related field.
· At least ten years’ work experience, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance including remote support.
· Good experience in implementing the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
· Solid understanding of the health sector, including the relationship between national and sub-national levels and engagement with civil society, parliamentarians and regional health groups.
See the Job Description for more details:https://options.co.uk/jobs/evidence-and-accountability-advisor-4
About the programme and Options
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
WISH2ACTION is led by the International Planned Parenthood Foundation (IPPF) with the following consortium partners: Options (national ownership lead); Marie Stopes International (service delivery partner); International Rescue Committee (service delivery partner); Development Media International (social norm and behaviour change lead) and Handicap International (inclusion of disabilities).
Our approach to National Ownership comprises of four strategies: increase government commitment to SRH/FP outcomes through domestic financing; use evidence-based advocacy and effective partnerships to strengthen policy and legislation; use evidence to hold the government to account for SRH outcomes and; promote quality control and standards of service provision and care.
· Options is an equal opportunities employer
·Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Uganda.
· To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Uganda-E&A – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
·Closing date 12thDecember: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
· Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
· Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).