Organization:UN Children’s Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,education
Education Cannot Wait (ECW) is a fund dedicated to education in emergencies and protracted crises. It was established in 2016 during the World Humanitarian Summit by international humanitarian and development aid organizations, along with public and private donors, to help reposition education as a priority on the humanitarian agenda, usher in a more collaborative approach among actors on the ground and foster additional funding to ensure that every crisis-affected child and young person is in school and learning. More information can be found athttp://www.educationcannotwait.org/.
How can you make a difference?
- Support time management and scheduling on behalf of the Director, manage calendar and coordinate with the Secretariat team. Schedule appointments and screens meeting requests; ensure effective prioritization and time-management; resolve conflicts and competing demands; and, direct relevant requests to the appropriate team lead.
- Make travel arrangements processes travel requests issued by the Director in line with UNICEF procedures
- Support the Director in presentations for internal and external meetings; researches issues, prepares briefing notes, slides and subject files and gathering relevant documentation and background materials for use in preparation of reports, briefs, and speeches
- Support the Director in preparing, drafting and reviewing e-mail communications with the Executive Committee and the High-Level Steering Group and maintain electronic filing for all documentation related to the ECW governance structure.
- Independently handle a wide range of complex information requests and inquiries; respond or draft responses to a diverse range of correspondence and other communications; and arrange complex and detailed travel plans
- Plan, coordinate, and provide directives and training on Standard Operating Procedures and work processes to the ECW Secretariat team
- Ensure Director’s clearance of external communications with the ECW governance structure, and other partners, such as donors, UN agencies, NGOs, foundations and governments
- Exercise attention to detail and quality control for all outgoing documents; proofreads and edits text for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- A minimum offive (5) yearsof relevant experience in providing progressively responsible administrative support services is required.
- Working knowledge of UNICEF systems, policies and procedures is considered an asset.
- Passed the UN GGST Exam (Global General Service Test) in English is required.
- Non-US candidates must be inpossession of a valid US G-4 visaor be a US permanent resident/citizenbefore commencing their appointment.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems is required.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communications skills is highly desired.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities is highly desired.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment is highly desired.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language would be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are analyzing, learning and researching, and planning and organizing.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516669