Request for Expression of Interest
The United Nations World Food Programme operation in Yemen (“WFP”) is looking for Service Providers interested to provide or construct a warehouse in Sana’a City.
The proposed warehouse should meet the following requirements:
- Should be in an open area preferably on the way to Hodeida. The distance from Sana’a City (Al Amanh) should not be more than 15 KM.
- Should meet the below minimum space requirements
|Covered Space (SQM)||Parking, Office & Amenities||Total Compound Area (SQM)|
|Dry storage||Truck Parking Space||Office Space & amenities|
(with allowance to extend by 5,000-10,000 sqm)
(with allowance to extend by 5,000-10,000 sqm)
- Dry storage should be broken down into multiple units
- Office space should include at the minimum:
- Office space for WFP staff comprising of shared offices for 25 staff, 6 individual offices for managers/supervisors, one meeting room, a safe room (bunker), and a separate IT equipment/server room.
- Office space for warehouse operator and other service providers’ staff comprising of shared offices for 45 staff, 5 individual offices for managers/supervisors, a meeting room, a safe room (bunker) and a separate IT equipment/server room
- Organized office car parking for 40 small cars far from the main gate.
- Transporter representatives and truck drivers’ waiting rooms for 20 people
- Restaurant/cafeteria/coffee shop
- Health facility/clinic
- Mini market/shop
- Amenities should include:
- on-site water supply (water well and water tanks),
- public electricity supply and public water supply.
- solar power supply for lighting,
- generator power backup supply (WFP will provide generators) and fuel tanks
- generator room
- automatic power switching system
- adequate water drainage system that can withstand flooding.
- Security features:
- perimeter wall of 3 meters or more topped with a 1-meter razor wife
- separate entrance and exit gates
- security operations room
- guard rooms
- CCTV system
- guard towers covering the entire security perimeter
- automatic fire suppression system
- all structures should be insulated to reduce heat and prevent spread of fire in case of an incident
- Other requirements:
- empty space should be levelled, compacted and strong enough for trucks movement
- area should not be prone to flooding. Individual structures/stores/warehouses should be elevated from the ground to avoid flooding.
- area should be easily accessible from all-weather roads, preferably accessible from multiple alternative routes
- surrounding area should have low level of crime, have low density of vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and be far from military and politically significant facilities. It should also not be too close to civilian houses.
- warehouse should be far from chemical, biological and other hazardous materials and facilities.
Only companies/ individuals that meet the following criteria need to reply to this Expression of Interest and provide their proposals:
- Companies must be registered with all relevant government authorities and have all the required valid licenses.
- Companies/Individuals must have the required storage facilities and/or able to provide the required space in a consolidated compound within 6 months of awarding the contract.
- Recent experience working with International Organizations, National and Government Institutions, large public or private companies will be an added advantage.
- Companies/Individuals must be financially strong and have a secure capital flow.
- Companies/Individuals should have sufficient capacity to operate in Aden City.
Interested bidders should submit the following documents:
- Company documents:
- company profile
- valid trade licence
- any other licenses or authorizations issued by the appropriate government authority to operate this business
- letter of reference from the company’s bank
- audited financial statements for the last three years
- references of at least three major clients
- For an existing warehouse:
- site location map with GPS coordinates
- land/property ownership documents
- lease agreement or intent to enter into a lease agreement with owner of the warehouse, if the warehouse is not owned by the bidder.
- For proposal to construct a new warehouse, a technical proposal comprising the following:
- Site location map with GPS coordinates
- land ownership documents
- lease agreement or intent to enter into a land lease agreement, if the bidder does not own the land
- technical drawings including site layout, floor plans, electrical and plumbing drawings, and 3-D renderings of the warehouse design.
- Project delivery plan with specific timelines
- Financial offer specifying:
- Rate per sqm of covered space per month
- proposed duration of the lease agreement (negotiable)
The above-mentioned documents should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than 14 Jan 2021 at 12:00hrs.
Interested service providers should apply to this EOI and submit all the required documents mentioned above within the specified timeline.
Additional details and documents may be requested from those companies who qualify in this pre-qualification process. WFP may also request a site visit during the pre-qualification process.
WFP reserves the right to change or cancel the requirement of this EOI at any time during the EOI and/or the solicitation process.
Submitting a reply to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically guarantee that a company will be considered. Only Companies/Individuals who, in WFP’s sole discretion, are deemed qualified and eligible may receive further correspondence.
kindly note that WFP does not charge fees from applicants at any stage of the pre-qualification process.
Queries strictly related to this expression of interest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the above deadline.