The current consultancy will be conducted in Rwanda where Chance for Childhood Rwanda has been implementing a 2-year Inclusive Early Childhood Development Project in partnership with UNICEF Rwanda in 22 districts. The project aims to ensure that young children and families, especially the most deprived, are utilizing quality ECD services by increasing availability of quality ECD services to CwD (0-8 years) and their families; Increasing capacity of service providers to deliver inclusive ECD services as well as improving community and parental awareness and provision of responsive care to young CwD (0-8 years). To achieve the above-mentioned results, CfC complemented the efforts of existing seven (7) UNICEF NGO partners implementing ECD programmes and to strengthen their capacities to build community awareness around disabilities and mitigate barriers that hinder CwDs to access quality ECD services.
The final evaluation shall assess the continued programme’s relevance, efficiency and effectiveness and sustainability. The evaluation is to be composed of two interlinked parts:
a) assessing project’s performance and achievements vis-à-vis the project’s overall objectives and conduct impact assessment on what changes the project has created on people’s lives and;
b) generating lessons learnt from the implementation and develop recommendations, particularly through examination of project learning questions.
The evaluation shall draw on quantitative and qualitative (focus group discussions and key informant interviews) methods. Analysis of quantitative indicators shall be based on the project logical framework and monitoring reports as well as primary data to be collected as part of the evaluation activities.
Please see the full ToR on our website:https://chanceforchildhood.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020-05-Terms-of-Reference-for-iECD-final-…
Qualifications and Competence requirements
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in conducting research and impact evaluations in the areas of Social sciences, Education, international development, or any related discipline;
- Strong analytical skills and qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques
- A demonstrated strong awareness and understanding of Inclusive Education and Inclusive Early Childhood Development Strategies and Concepts both in Rwanda and Globally
- Good understanding of Rwanda context
- An excellent ability to write and speak Standards English
- Adherence to Chance for Childhood’s Values
The evaluator(s) will be selected based on their relevant experience and expertise, rigor of their design, availability and value for money.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a proposal outlining the following in line with the details provided in the tender above:
- A detailed CV
- Cover letter with an expression of interest
- Technical proposal (based on the ToR)
- Financial proposal with detailed budget breakdown
Please submit your application to email@example.com with with subject line “iECD Final Evaluation”. The submissiondeadline is on Wednesday 14thMay 2020 at Midnight (GMT).
Only strongest candidates fulfilling the requirements will be contacted. The successful candidate will be expected to start on 21stMay 2020. Candidates are requested to specify their availability date in their cover letter.