Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Closing date:05 Oct 2018
Terms of Reference
Facilitation skills Trainer (National Consultancy Contract)
Cox’s Bazar – DRC Bangladesh
DRC is looking for a highly qualified consultant to train staff on group facilitation skills.
Reports to:Senior CCCM Manager, Cox’s Bazar
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated programme of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection.
DRC is supporting the government in the management of six camps with a population of approx. 180,000 people. The DRC Camp Management team is composed of 13 staff, focussing on coordination, emergency preparedness and response, accountability, community participation and engagement.
To strengthen community participation and ensure refugees are actively engaged in decision making processes, DRC is looking for a consultant to develop and deliver a 3 days training on facilitation skills for a group of 25 national staff.
Consultancy Purpose/Key responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for:
· Developing and delivering a training to staff on how to facilitate meetings including setting objectives and facilitating a discussion as well as different facilitation techniques. The trainer is expected to apply the techniques in the training.
· Conduct an evaluation of learnings and areas of improvement at the end of the training.
· Present a brief training report including findings from the evaluation.
Qualifications and skills:
· Have excellent training skills.
· Have delivered a similar training previously.
· Have strong communication skills.
· Have strong interpersonal skills.
· Bangla and English speaker.
- The consultancy will take place in Cox Bazar, Bangladesh.
- The total number of staff trained, will be 25 in total.
- Trainings shall be delivered from 9:00 till 17:00
- Training venue will be provided by DRC.
- Training materials such as stationary will be provided by DRC. Special tools used should be provided by the trainer. It is highly recommended that the trainer presents a list of materials needed with the proposal.
Terms of Consultancy
Contract:for the period of the consultancy based on the trainer’s planwith possibility of renewal based on performance and the availability of funding.Actual training days should be 3.
Availability: Between 10 and 20 October 2018;
Number of working days:to be determined by the trainer and included in the proposal.
Location: DRC Office in Cox’s Bazar. Training venue to be determined.
Payment modality:Payment will be processed upon receipt of invoice and a signed completion of service certificate by both parties. The completion certificate will be signed once training is completed and the final report is submitted and approved by DRC. Accordingly, DRC will transfer the payment to the consultant’s bank account.
Application including the mentioned documents required, in English email@example.com later5th October 2018. Due to the urgency of the consultancy, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and may invite shortlisted trainers to interview prior to this date.