The Australian Government’s Fiji Program Support Facility announces:
- Long-term senior leadership opportunity to manage a complex, multi sectoral development facility
- An initial 12-month, full time contract with an option to extend for another two years
- Based in Suva, Fiji. Some travel will be required
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to support and implement Australian Government assistance in a number of sectors including Education, Health, CSO engagement, Emergency Preparedness and Response and Australia Awards programs in Fiji, and Governance support when requested by the Fiji Government. The Facility also supports the Australia Awards and Education programs in Tuvalu. The Facility is a five year aid delivery modality which has been operating for almost two years, and runs until January 2022 (with a possible extension).
The company managing the Facility on behalf of the Australian Government, Coffey, is seeking applications for this senior management position from qualified applicants with outstanding management skills and experience.
The Facility Leader will work in partnership with DFAT to ensure that the Facility delivers aid and development activities in Fiji and Tuvalu in accordance with DFAT and Government of Fiji and Tuvalu priorities, agreed workplans, and contractual obligations. A key function of this role will be to assist DFAT Post and associated programs to strengthen collaboration between partner Governments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing the Facility teams to provide high quality, responsive support to DFAT and to deliver on planned program outcomes; as well as providing operational oversight for all aspects of the Facility;
- Building and maintaining stakeholder networks across all sectoral programs under the Facility and meaningfully engaging local partners to maximise local ownership;
- Driving collaboration across the Facility sectoral programs to strengthen the effectiveness of existing and new activities;
- Overseeing and managing senior managers and technical team leaders to ensure the Facility is meeting DFAT and GoF/GoT needs and programs are meeting desired results; and
- Providing support or directly managing the performance of Facility team members and encouraging a culture of high performance and collaboration
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in managing a complex donor program with strong leadership skills and experience in practical program administration, personnel management, operational oversight, identifying program risks and collaboratively resolving issues. Extensive experience in evidence-based activity planning and monitoring will be required, as well as the ability to identify efficiencies in resource allocation and service delivery requirements.
For success in this position, candidates will need to demonstrate highly developed skills in relationship management, engaging meaningfully with diverse stakeholders including clients and government partners and managing effective communications. A demonstrated ability to quickly build an understanding of the local political economy and government systems is required; as well as a detailed knowledge of DFAT development policies and a commitment to addressing cross cutting development issues including gender equality and social inclusion.
Previous experience working in Fiji or the Pacific is highly desirable.
This position is classifiedCategory D, Level 4(long term) under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework. Please visithttp://dfat.gov.au/about-us/publications/Documents/adviser-remuneration-…for further detail on the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework.
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visitwww.coffey.com/careersand search for the job reference number497412.
For further enquiries please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) 15thOctober 2018
This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company on behalf of the Australian Government.
Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.