FAWE Uganda Bursaries for Diploma and Undergraduate Students
FAWE Uganda Bursaries for Diploma and Undergraduate Students; FAWE Uganda is pleased to announce the availability of bursaries to support both undergraduate and diploma studies.
The bursaries come with comprehensive financial, academic and social support to participants for the entire duration of their studies.
The bursary support is available to those who meet the eligibility criteria below.
Eligibility Criteria – FAWE Uganda Bursaries for Diploma and Undergraduate Students
- The applicant must be aged between 18 and 25 years;
- The applicant must have sat his/her advanced level (S.6) examinations in 2018;
- The applicant must be applying for direct entry into the partner institutions of learning for the academic year 2019/2020;
- The applicant must have been born in and be a resident of any of the 13 programme districts of Bukwo, Buyende, Katakwi,Mayuge, Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Kanungu, Ntoroko, Adjumani, Amudat, Amuru, Kaabong and Pader.
- The applicant must have attended Ordinary or Advanced Level Education in any of the 13 programme districts;
- Applicants who sat their Advanced Level Education (S6) examinations in schools outside their districts of birth but within the specific regions of Eastern, Northern and Western Uganda qualify to apply for the bursaries;
- The applicant must be qualified for admission into the following programme areas of study: Agricultural Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences and Education courses (Science and Literature, degree only);
- The applicant must not be a current beneficiary of any other bursary scheme or scholarship;
- Other vulnerability aspects to be considered include: young people living with disability, HIV/AIDS– infected or affected, orphaned (total or partial).
- The Applicant must be willing to give back to his/her community through development services.Note: Female applicants from the 13 districts are highly encouraged to apply
How to apply – FAWE Uganda Bursaries for Diploma and Undergraduate Students
- Application forms will be available at NO cost at the offices of the Academic Registrars of the partner institutions of Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Gulu University, Busitema University, Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery and Medical Laboratory Training School in Jinja.
- Application forms can also be found at the District Education Offices in the 13 Program districts above and FAWE Uganda Office plot 328, Bukoto – Kisasi Road, P.O. Box 24117 Kampala, Uganda or downloaded from the website through the link below: www.faweuganda.org.
- Submit a fully filled-in application form to the office of the District Education Officer (DEO), any of the partner institutions or to FAWE Uganda Office.
- The deadline for applications is 14th June, after which no applications will be accepted.Please note that;
i. Application forms are free of charge and NO fees/ facilitation or intermediaries required at any stage of the selection process.
ii. Inaccurate information or misinterpretation of any part of the application, falsification or incomplete application and any attempt to influence the process will lead to automatic disqualification or recommendation for dismissal from the program.
iii.All documents submitted will be subjected to thorough verification including home visits of successful applicants before final approval and award.
iv. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified at every stage of the selection process which will be conducted by a team of independent Regional Technical Bursary Committees (RBTCs) supervised by FAWE Uganda.
v. Applicants must provide evidence of Admission for direct entry to the partner’s institutions of; Busitema University;
Mbarara University of Science and Technology; Gulu University; Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery; and, Medical Laboratory Technology Training School, Jinja for Academic year 2019/2020.
For more information and application details, see; FAWE Uganda Bursaries for Diploma and Undergraduate Students