Over of CTG:
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of position:
Our client is one of the major humanitarian organizations in Somalia providing integrated humanitarian services including the provision of nonfood items & camp cluster coordination managements services targeting migrants & their affected communities. They are currently implementing its NFI/Shelter & CCCM programs in Somalia. In this context, our client is seeking for a qualified Project Assistant to support the project.
Under the supervision of the acting HoSo Baidoa & in close collaboration with other PRD Finance & Admin Assistants & PRD program units, the Administrative Assistant will support the unit, by providing assistance on project planning, implementation, financial tracking & reporting.
In particular, the Finance & Admin Assistant will be responsible to:
- Provide support to the work of field staff, implementing partners & service providers for PRD projects in Baidoa.
- Develop annual administrative plans, contribute to longer term strategies & improvements to administrative policies, systems & procedures in compliance with policies, standards, regulations & processes.
- Manage &/or carry out data analysis from PRISM pertaining to project budgets & provide management with accurate information & reports for efficient planning & decision making in Baidoa.
- Manage administration for existing resources such as assets/inventory items, office/guesthouse facilities, motor vehicle fleet, etc., estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness & timeliness of operations and services in Baidoa.
- Provide administrative & logistical planning support to staff & partners regarding duty travel, travel authorizations, security clearance, accommodation & expense claims in Baidoa.
- Follow up on implementation of projects to ensure effective & timely delivery of the basic services.
- Support implementing partners & service providers to ensure procurement of the PRD projects items & payments are made timely.
- Ensure inventory management of capacity building supplies & asset movements in close collaboration with COS team, field team & service provider.
- Build productive partnerships with other UN agencies & local govt. offices, ensure agreements, MOUs are current, associated expenditure recognized/accrued & payments are processed promptly & in accordance with client requirements.
- Follow up with field team & finance unit to ensure preparation and liquidation imprest/petty cash are done according to procedures & in a timely manner.
- Support to identify the needs & gaps of PRD project interventions among the beneficiaries in Somalia in close relationship with the PRD units implementing partners, relevant clusters & authorities.
- Prepare administration related budgets & budget revisions, including annual procurement plan in consultation with PRD program staff.
- Keep up-to-date compilations of project documents, references, partners’ reports & financial documents.
- Assist to build the capacity of national stakeholders through training & other capacity building activities.
- Support conducting appropriate monitoring, evaluation, review & quality.
- Review administrative SOP’s for consistency with the changing environment & adjust/recommend revisions as necessary.
- Assist to compile weekly & monthly reports for the unit in a timely manner & with accuracy.
- Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by acting HoSo Baidoa.Overall/other duties & responsibilities:
- Support project designing, modification & implementation of appropriate operational procedures.
- Coordination with service providers, administration, other specialized staff.
- Reporting to (Acting HoSo, etc.)on activities.
- Assistance to HoSo & PRD units in preparing funding requests for activities related to the projected caseload.
- Liaison with the security focal point in Baidoa as needed.
- Such other duties as may be assigned by supervisors.
- This role reports to the Acting HoSo who is based in Baidoa.
- This role does not have team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Africa (essential).
Education & Experience:
- University Degree or Diploma, preferably in Public or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in administrative, financial & logistics assistance of a public or private institution, of which at least 2 years must be related to project assistance for humanitarian work in Somalia.
- Experience working with international organizations.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills both oral & written.
- Ability to prepare clear & concise reports.
- Strong strategic, analytical & creative thinking skills.
- Ability to cooperate & coordinate with other units, implementing partners, NGOs & govt. departments, particularly in Somalia.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility & drive for results.
- Demonstrated gender awareness & gender sensitivity.
- Capacity to work effectively & harmoniously with colleagues from various professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work under difficult conditions & outside normal working hours while maintaining security awareness.
- Fluent in English & Somali, knowledge of Mai is desirable.
- Takes responsibility & manages constructive criticism.
- Works effectively with all clients & stakeholders.
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly.
- Takes initiative & drives high levels of performance management.
- Plans work, anticipates risks & sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Creates & promotes a respectful office environment free of harassment & retaliation.
- Maintains excellent communication & writing skills.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Personal commitment & drive for results & adaptability in the workplace.
- Handles sensitive situations diplomatically & cultivates productive relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Abides by the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation & Abuse (PSEA).
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives & concerns & promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal & external stakeholders to meet resource needs.
- Able to handle sensitive situations & cultivate productive relationships.
- Ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal & verbal communication skills.
- Calm, diplomatic & demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Other relevant information:
- To be advised.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using the below link