Organization: NGO Coordination Committee For Iraq
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the overall financial management (planning, budgeting, accounting and reporting) of NCCI. The Finance and Administration Manager is part of NCCI’s senior management team. Currently NCCI employs around 8 staff reporting to this position including Admin, finance, transportation, HR, driver, and cleaning staff. This position is an international staff posting based in Erbil with travel to Baghdad. The following is an approximate breakdown of the major duties:
– Finance: 40%
- Admin: 25%
- HR & Team Management: 15%
- Programmes & Capacity Building: 15%
- Other tasks as needed: 5%
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Finance: Financial and budget management (20%)
- Ensure that proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained at all NCCI sites.
- Prepare internal budgets, amendments and forecasts in consultation with the ED
- Prepare budgets for proposals and budget amendments working with the ED
- Report to the ED on a monthly basis (global cash book, status of budgets and financial situation, etc.) and to Executive Board upon request.
- Prepare donor financial reports in line with donor reporting requirements
- Keep under review the financial and reporting systems.
- Ensure compliance with the NCCI policies and guidelines and donor requirements.
- Follow up actual donors’ requirements and guidelines
- Monitor internal controls at all NCCI sites
- Monitor ongoing levels of expenditure on individual programmes as against budget, and provide timely advice of likely over or under-spends
- Reconcile field cash and project expenditure balances
Finance: Accountancy / cash flow management (20%)
- Supervision of cash books and bank books management
- Responsibility for all local accounting of all programmes and bases (up to three bases, currently one in Baghdad)
- Co-ordinate and maintain a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of the programmes
- Consolidation of various locations’ accountancies on SAGA software
- Monthly budgetary follow up and consolidation
- Preparation of audits (general audit, donors’ audits)
-Prepare the consolidated budget for all grants.
Admin: Administration and logistics (25%)
- Follow up on NCCI registration matters in Iraq and Switzerland, and in any other country as deemed necessary
- Ensure compliance with local regulations in respect of financial and other matters (e.g. Registration, taxation and labor laws, etc.)
- Ensure that contractual commitments (e.g. for the rental of vehicles and/or premises) are expressed in forms appropriate for the circumstances
- Meet with local legal advisors when necessary
- Ensure that all necessary legal requirements are met, e.g. obtain vehicle registration, work permits, import licenses etc. by liaising with government agencies
- Travel to Baghdad every 4-6 weeks or as needed to assure smooth administration and logistics.
- Supervising and managing all issues related to the Geneva office. Possibly travel to Geneva or elsewhere on occasion as needed.
HR: Human Resources (in consultation with Executive Director) (15%)
- Line manage all relevant financial, HR, and administrative personnel
- Update and fill any gaps in NCCI HR, admin, and finance policies or procedures
- Supervise the administrative needs of the staff including flight bookings, obtaining legal documentation, visa renewal, medical evaluation, medical coverage, etc.
- Supervise and deliver the NCCI yearly salary scale survey with support from IM team (or as needed)
- Team management in coordination with executive Director
- According to NCCI programmes/project objectives, participate in relevant sections of projects linked with administrative issues (capacity building, animation of workshops or training sessions for NGO partners) etc.
- According to NCCI programmes/project objectives, perform trainings and review policies of NGO partners as relevant and required
- Advise Executive Director on project planning and strategy as needed
- Provide the ED and/or the Executive Board with all necessary financial and other information when requested.
- Any other duty as requested by NCCI management
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
Qualified Candidates should submit their CVs in English attached electronically to email@example.com “Finance & Administration Manager” in the subject line of the email (BLANK or OTHER subject lines leads automatically to disqualification for shortlisting).
The last date for application submission is 30 September, 2018 – 6:00 PM
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and NCCI is an equal opportunity employer.