Founded in 1980, Inter Aide is a French development-aid organisation specialising in the implementation of development programmes that aim at promoting access to development for the most vulnerable communities. The programmes respond to specific and vital needs of local communities. Our main objective is to reinforce the capacities of vulnerable populations in order to allow them to improve living conditions within their own communities.
Inter Aide Development India (IADI) was founded in 2005 to support programmes and partner associations in India. Today, IADI is supported by another French development-aid organisation, ATIA, specialised in development projects in an urban context.
IADI is a section-8 (non-profit) company.
IADI implements direct field activities, and also monitors and supports activities implemented through a loose coalition of Indian partner NGOs, in the fields of:
· Social development
· Tuberculosis control and nutrition
We focus on vulnerable slum families, and are active in the agglomeration of Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Jaipur (Rajasthan).
IADI is currently looking for a Finance and Administration Manager to help manage the legal, tax, administrative and accounting issues at IADI level, in support of all programmes, and also work hand in hand with the ATIA Finance and Admin Manager in France to ensure smooth grants and expenses control, adequate processes and documentation, as well as accurate and timely reporting to donors.
The Finance and Admin Manager will be based at the IADI office in Mumbai. He/She will report hierarchically to the IADI Executive Director (ED), and work in close coordination with ATIA Finance & Admin Manager (based in France). He/She will be assisted by an accountant.
The main responsibilities are:
· Manage all IADI legal, tax, finance, budgeting and accounting aspects;
· Assist the ATIA Finance and Admin Manager based in France ;
· Help Program Managers in the financial management of their programme
The IADI Finance and Admin Manager will possibly be involved in local fund-raising efforts, and ensure the corresponding financial reporting to local donor agencies.
(Non-exhaustive) list of tasks:
Managing IADI company affairs
- Fulfil regulatory requirements in relation to Sec 8 company
- Manage consultants/vendors in fulfilment of above
- Maintain company statutory records
- Coordinate for organizing company board meetings
- Update knowledge related to changes in Company law.
Reporting to regulatory authorities
- Ensure timely filing of annual/quarterly returns (Income Tax (IT), profession tax, provident fund, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with the IT laws applicable to the company.
- Ensure timely payment of IT
- Comply with/manage queries
- Handle enquiries from various Government Departments.
FCRA related management
- Every year, file FC returns
- Every five years, renew FCRA permission
- Ensure compliance with FCRA
- Handle enquiries/queries
- Coordinate with Chartered Accountant (CA) for FC balance sheet.
HR, salaries and consultancies
- Ensure organisation is compliant with local Labour laws/practices
- Maintain staff records
- Ensure timely payment of salaries/consultancies
- Assist PM in HR recruitment, managing consultancies, etc.
- Assist in appointment of CA every few years
- Coordinate with CA for timely completion of statutory annual audit
- Ensure organisations preparedness for the annual statutory audit
- Handle audit enquiries/queries
- Comply with CA instructions
- Coordinate with ED and Company Board for finalisation of annual audit report.
IADI accounts and finance
- Ensure monthly maintenance of accounts and day book submission
- Manage FCRA bank account and ensure compliance with the FCRA act
- Manage expenditure through FC utilisation account
- Ensure availability of funds to manage IADI projects/expenses
- Set up systems to ensure payments, financial reporting
- Manage payments
- Ensure record (tally) and generation of daybooks
Programs & Partners
Programmes & Partners’ accounting and procedures
- Assist PMs in preparing estimates
- Set up an efficient system of monthly accounts checking
- Provide capacity building inputs to partner accounts/programme teams
- Assist partner teams in setting up accounting and finance systems and processes
- Ensure timely availability of daybooks
- Conduct a quarterly reconciliation/updation of accounts
- Ensure the proper control and consolidation of programme-related expenses for all ATIA- supported programmes in India
- Coordinate and centralise yearly budgets
- Prepare quarterly monitoring reports (budget vs actual expenses)
- Manage financial closure at end of programmes/partnerships
Local Legal/Reg/Tax/HR support to PMs and partners
- Help partners improve accounts and documentation processes
- Help meet new requirements as needs arise (e.g. new donor, partner, activity…)
- Help writing contracts (employment, services, etc.)
- Advise PMs in support of on-going operations and when setting up new activities
ATIA Head Office
Act as central point of contact to ATIA for all matters within his/her scope of responsibilities
- Assist HO Finance & Admin Manager in France, with his/her requirements
- Manage local treasury and funding requests in liaison with ATIA HO
- Ensure the utilisation of standard ATIA accounting tools and processes, across programmes and partners
- Ensure the timely monthly reporting of program accounting reports to ATIA in France
- Prepare raw financial reports to international donors (to be finalised at ATIA HO)
- Liaise with Program Managers, local partners and ATIA to improve accounts and documentation processes and standards, in line with ATIA Public donor requirements
- University degree in a related field (admin/finance, accounting…), additional education in management/law will be an advantage
- Fluent English is compulsory (oral and written)
- Minimum 10-year professional experience in administrative, legal and financial management (incl. accounting)
- Knowledge of procedures, controls and audit
- Dynamism, rigour and organisational skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent capacity to work with distant counterparts, especially with the French ATIA office
- Expert knowledge of Tally and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of database systems a plus