· Act as a point of contact for finance and advise employees on financial procedures and interpretation of financial information.
· Act as a point of contact to any external third-party receiving funds from Hedayah or contracted to Hedayah, including but not limited to Vendors, Auditors, Grantees, Consultants.
· Review and manage the internal financial and accountancy controls of grants to ensure that the grant agreement is adhered to.
· Work closely with the program staff to develop budgets for grants proposals and raise issues affecting financial compliance.
· Work closely with the Director of Administration and Finance to develop and implement financial policies, processes and procedures to maintain effective financial and accounting controls.
· Process and monitor all financial transactions, including accounts receivable and payable, as per the organisation’s policies and procedures, ensuring all expenses are in line with the budget.
· Prepare and monitor the cash flow statements and bank balance in order to meet the financial commitments of the Center.
· Prepare and maintain all financial statements and books of accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
· Monitor the allocated budgets and produce budgetary information to allow effective financial management.
· Prepare and process monthly payroll, ensuring all records are reconciled within the defined standards and procedures.
· Develop and produce financial reports to compile statistics and provide analysis, financial forecasting and planning.
· Liaise with the National Pension Funds to register new employees and process pension payments for UAE National employees.
· Participate in and facilitate external audits to ensure compliance.
· Establish and maintain financial records, ensuring they are maintained accurately and updated on a regular basis for retrieval, reference and audit purposes.
· Maintain and manage petty cash funds in accordance with policies and procedures. Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns in accordance to the UAE VAT Law
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Master Degree in Accounting, Finance, Project Management (or related field) or similar internationally recognized accounting/auditing certification
· Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in finance and grant management in an international organization and/or International accountancy firms.
· Prior experience of working in an international setting and/or NGOs is a plus
· Knowledge in project management
· Experience and knowledge in financial and accounting systems and software Strong understanding of the applicability and implementation of relevant financial legislation and regulations
· Managing others
· Strategic thinking
· Result orientation
· Building relationships
· Cultural intelligence
· Planning and organizing
· Presentation Excellent command of written and oral English
Send covering letter and CV email@example.com later thanMarch 1st, 2019– Subject of the email should be:Finance and Grants Manager.