Finance and Operations Manager,USAID Monitoring andEvaluation Support Project, South Sudan
The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible and demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be the primary focal point for all financial and administrative matters. S/he will be responsible for financial management, accounting, human resources, procurement, logistics and administration of the office. S/he will report to the Chief of Party and work full-time at MSI’s field office in Juba.
** Citizens of South Sudan are encouraged to apply
- Oversee all project financial transactions, including deposits, receipts and vouchers for payment disbursements.
- Develop monthly cash projections for the project’s financial needs for procurement, project activities, payroll, subcontracts, maintenance and repair services, staff travel, and cash needs.
- Prepare monthly financial expense reports and cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Serve as focal point for daily banking matters.
- Oversee human resources management in compliance with local laws and practices.
- Support project recruitment, hiring and personnel management in accordance with MSI policies, USAID regulations, local laws, and the South Sudan MESP Personnel Manual.
- Prepare and maintain employee files and leave tracking.
Procurement and Logistics
- Support project procurement needs, including selection and negotiation with vendors and the management of subcontractors on the project in coordination with MSI home office.
- Ensure procurements are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations (AIDAR & FAR).
- Maintain and regularly update the MESP inventory list to ensure all property is well maintained and properly labeled.
- Review and verify Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) and Purchase Orders (POs), ensuring adequate funds, expense authorization, supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts, and control over payments.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in international development, finance, or relevant field.
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using Excel and Quickbooks.
- Familiarity with FAR and USAID regulations, particularly for procurements.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.