Title:Finance Assistant (Archiving) – Kenya Country Office
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Finance Assistant (Archiving) is responsible for the state and contents of all the files kept in the Archive. S(he) collates all vouchers, month-end schedules, payroll documents, grant reports and bank statements produced in Nairobi and the field, plus any other documents requested by the finance team. S(he) files these in a sensible order, ensuring that the spine of the file bears the correct description. When a document is needed by staff or an external party such as an auditor, the Finance Assistant locates the correct file and pulls out the document, photocopying or scanning it as needed. S(he) moves older files from the finance Office to the Archive, keeping them still in a logical order.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Duration:1 year (renewable)
Qualifications and Experience
* Part II qualified in a recognized professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACCA).
* Experience in Archives and Records Management will be an added advantage.
* Experienced in maintaining a complex filing system
* Good level of computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), internet and emails
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills are essential, and a team-oriented work style is a necessity.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multi-cultural setting
* Attention to detail, structured approach, and a focus on compliance in terms of checking documentation
* Fluent in written and spoken English
* Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Safeguarding Policy and other Global Policies.
* A commitment to promoting diversity and equality of opportunity in employment and empathy with SC values and objectives.
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children International’s aims, values and principles.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents