The Maram Foundation for Relief and Development (Maram) is a non-profit organization, founded by American-Syrian activists to alleviate the suffering of people in need since its inception to date the foundation had delivered lifesaving aid and developmental projects to hundreds of thousands of Syrian IDPs and refugees along with host committees. For more information please visit our website (http://maramfoundation.org/).
Position: Finance Assistant (we prefer Turkish nationality)
Summary and Organization Relation:**
the Finance Officer Performs accounts payable accounting function including receiving and matching invoices, account coding, preparation of disbursements and accounts payable related record keeping. The Finance Officer coordinates activities with Sub-offices, bookkeeps, Warehouse Officer and Projects Managers. The Finance Officer reports directly to Finance Manager.**
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Check, process and record all payments, administer invoices and expenses claims received, code items to agreed budgets, and action payments
- Reconcile transactions on computer and bank statements and ensure that all accounts balance.
- Maintain proper records for all the above on computer book keeping package and filing of all relevant paperwork.
- Ensure monthly document scans are done with all backup paperwork and full signatures;
- Daily bookkeeping, including documentation and processing of payment vouchers;
- Keep office documentations and filing systems up to date;
- Maintain an electronic filing / archiving system of Requests for Payment ,and any Claims of expenses processed on a timely basis; properly label files and arrange in a systematic order for ease of retrieval..
- Performs other related tasks and duties assigned by Finance Manager.
Minimum Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance/ Economics
· Minimum 1 year of experience in Finance position.
· Good Knowledge of: budget control, cash-flow, B.V.A., spending plan.
· Computer literate with good MS Office skills in Outlook and OneDrive.
· Advance level in Excel.
· Good experience with accounting software specially QuickBooks Online.
· Analytical skills and good attention to details.
· Ability to communicate in English (Writing and Speaking) is essential.
· Experience in humanitarian field is a plus.
· Turkish Language is a plus.
Maram Foundation is committed to an equal opportunity employer; therefore, we encourage applications from marginalized populations.
All applicants and employees at Maram Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunities and fair treatment without regard to Race, Color, ethnicity, age, sex, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
The Interested candidate is kindly requested to send CV using this link
before 04-May-2020Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.