Main Job description
Financial and System Controls:
- Ensure safe security of cash in the office and coordinate weekly and monthly cash counts, including spot counts.
- Ensure that systems are put in place to assure document security for a complete audit trail from the Navision records to supporting documentation and vice versa.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SOS Children’s Village resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
- Comply with all relevant SOS Children’s Village policies and procedures with respect to Child Protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Directly lead, manage and motivate staff in the Finance unit and ensure that they have clear work plans and performance management is integrated in day to work activities.
- Assess and identify gaps on the capacity of finance staff and propose training and capacity building as required, to the Human Resources Department.
- Support recruitment and selection procedure of leading finance co-workers (i.e. Senior Accountant, local accountants);
- Prepare the annual consolidated Financial Statements of the Association in accordance with SOS rules
- Supports the auditors with requested documents and reports, support a smooth auditing process, and ensure deadline of submission of deliverables is met.
- Support in ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented.
Financial analysis and reporting
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient financial reporting
- Responsible for all internal management reporting to budget holders and program managers, as well as the National Association Management Team.
- Prepares financial reports related to projects such as «actual versus budgeted» expenses.
- Ensure that all required financial reports are submitted in due time and following existing SOS CVI standards and/or special donor requirements
Financial records and transactions
- Carry out sensibility and control checking before and after posting sub-office transactions into the accounting system (Navision).
- Responsible for the consolidation of accounting data at the National level and ensure the correctness of all data entered in Navision.
Financial systems and procedures
- Responsible for the management of the Association financial systems and provide the Management Team and all budget holders with a monthly update on the budget variance analysis to ensure reaching of target KPIs.
- Update the finance diary that covers all the required activities on a monthly basis and in line with Regional and HQ deadlines and lead staff to ensure that the diary is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are fully supported and that they are all captured in Navision at least on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that effective systems are put in place, and regularly reviewed, to allow adequate financial management and control including:
- Annual accounts and tax statement preparation;
- Cash and cash flow management and control in particular gain/losses on currency exchange;
- Financial procedures during emergency responses, including meeting all relevant responsibilities in the Rules and Principles for Emergency Response;
- Expenditure procedures, especially around procurement;
- Ensure monthly financial reviews (MFRs) are prepared, reviewed with CD, and submitted to Regional Office.
- Academic background: university degree or professional qualification in Accounting and Finance or related areas.
- Work experience: minimum 8 years of experience in finance or accounting, of which a minimum of 3 years of experience in managing a team
- Languages: excellent written and spoken Portuguese. Excellent written and spoken French and/or English
How to apply
To apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- Curriculum Vitae in French or English
- Motivation Letter in portuguese
- A digital copy of diplomas and certificates
- Three (3) professional references (with at least one supervisor)
The title of the job post must be in the subject line.