Finance Manager – Treasury Control, Collection, and Member Reporting
For Nationals Only
The role holder is responsible for ensuring that funds are requested and received from Save the Children members accurately and within required timescales. They will be responsible for reporting member balances to management and for escalating any issues that arise. This role is critical to ensuring funds are available to country offices for program work.
They will also take the lead in ensuring that quarterly reconciliations with members that are assigned to them are finalized and agreed, and act as a key finance contact to members. They will also have responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and validation of the other Finance Manager – Treasury and Member Reporting colleagues’ reconciliations by acting as a check and control point. They will be a knowledge specialist in how all funds flow between Save the Children International and member organizations. They will play a key role in assisting the wider Treasury team in managing the 4 key Treasury risks, Liquidity, Interest, FX and Compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
* Must have completed a degree in accounting, CPA is required. Certification in Treasury Management is an advantage.
* Must have at least 5 to 10 years work experience in treasury management, debts and collections between offices. INGO or NGO experience is an advantage.
* Understanding of working experience in development and emergency context is highly preferred.
* Has evident understanding of policies and procedures, means of identifying gaps in credit collections and sound recommendation on how to improve.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to forecast cash requirements and impact of forex fluctuations
* Adaptable, flexible with high level of work ethics.
* Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives; willing to adopt Save the Children methodology and framework in program implementation; abide by and implement Save the Children’s Eight Agency Policies including Child Safety
Contract length: Fixed Term Position until December 2019 based in Quezon City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.