Position Name: Finance Officer
Employment Regime: Seconded/Contracted
Post Category: Mission Support-Management Level
Ref. number: SOM-054 and SOM 055 (2 Positions)
Department: Mission Support Department/Administrative Division/Finance Section
Level: EU CONFIDENTIAL**
Open to Contributing
Third States: No
1. Reporting Line:
The Finance Officer reports to the Head of Finance Section.
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To assist the Head of Finance Section in maintaining the financial operations of the Mission;
· To develop policies for accounting and control of Mission finances in close cooperation with the Head of Finance Section;
· To assist the Head of Finance Section in defining procedures for accounts, payments, payroll, petty cash, claims and other financial functions in a multicurrency system;
· To verify the legality and the regularity of transactions prior to authorising financial transactions (i.e. commitments and payments);
· To maintain the general ledger system;
· To control and maintain bank accounts and treasury management;
· To administer imprest accounts.
3. General Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To provide advice on the interpretation and implementation of the financial procedures;
· To verify the integrity of accounts, their accuracy and their on-time delivery;
· To implement audit recommendations and ensures the effectiveness of internal controls;
· To identify areas of risk and take appropriate measures for limiting the financial risk, especially concerning the physical and the electronic security of funds, of documents (active and archived) and of transactions;
· To assist in identification of needs of goods and/or services required for improving the efficiency of the unit and help define them for procurement;
· To assist the Head of Finance Section in drafting the Mission budget;
· To participate in the preparation and presentation of Financial Reports;
· To contribute to lessons identification;
· To liaise and cooperate on financial issues with the relevant EU Authorities and all other relevant actors (banks etc.) under the supervision of the Head of Finance Section;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
4. Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Successful completion of university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area, e.g. Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent and attested police or/and military education or training or an award of an equivalent rank; AND
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in the field of finance, economics, accounting or business administration, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
5. Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of accounting rules;
· Knowledge of accounting software.
6. Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
· University and/or Master’s Degree in Economics or Finance or specialised training/course in finance or other related fields.
7. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Professional accounting/audit certification;
· Experience in using an electronic document management system;
· International experience, particularly in crisis areas with multinational and international organisations;
· Knowledge of relevant EU rules and regulations.
How to apply
1) I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Citizenship – Citizenship of an EU Member State or of a Contributing Third State.
2) Candidates (contracted) from EU Member States need to apply/register via:
For the ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL CONDITIONS, ESSENTIAL DOCUMENTS AND EQUIPMENT FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES of the position you need to follow this link: https://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/headquarters-homepage/93187/1-2021-c…