Cufa is an International Development Agency with a focus on promoting financial inclusion and increasing financial literacy and improving economic livelihoods. Cufa has been developing community access to affordable financial services in the Asia Pacific region for 50 years, working cooperatively at grass-roots through to government levels, building capacity in emerging financial cooperative movements to create sustainability, improve lives, and relieve poverty.
Cufa is seeking an Australian or New Zealand National to work intermittently across 7-years project to be implemented across the Cook Islands, Fiji, Samoa, the Solomon Islands, Tonga and Vanuatu. The project’s objective is to build the capabilities and support for COVID-19 affected MSMEs to recover and grow in the post-pandemic period through i) strengthening the enabling environment for MSMEs and ii) improving business development services for MSMEs and improving their access to these and to finance.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in finance sector development especially working with central banks and financial institutions to ease MSMEs access to finance; **
- Able to demonstrate his or her ability to develop practical and innovative solutions for MSMEs access to finance through past engagements;
- Experience working with financial institutions to rethink their approach to MSME finance, including developing MSME targeted finance policies, financial products and services, and capacity building;
- Capable of undertaking financial technology-related discussions with financial institutions and options for delivery of contactless financial services to MSMEs; and
- A master’s degree in economics or finance, with strong knowledge of finance and private sector challenges, in particular access to finance constraints faced by MSMEs―ideally developed and demonstrated through working with one of the major bilateral or multilateral programs, operating preferably in the Pacific.
How to apply
If you can demonstrate the specified assigned tasks, please forward a covering letter and your up-to-date CV to email@example.com using the subject line ‘Finance Sector Development Expert’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled before the closing date: Closing date: 12 March 2021.
Cufa takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful candidate will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks