Organization:Partners in Health
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst will have responsibilities spanning all areas of finance including managing and reporting on a portfolio of funds, creating budgets for donor proposals, assisting in the monthly and annual close processes, providing support to our international finance teams, and performing various analyses on financial data.
Fund management and budget development (70%)
- Manage a portfolio of restricted government and institutional funds including analyzing spending patterns and variances to budget on a monthly basis, monitoring expenses to ensure compliance with PIH and grantor policies, and completing budget modifications or reforecasts
- Prepare donor reports, invoices, and other financial documentation according to donor specifications and PIH policies and monitor outstanding receivables
- Facilitate budget development for new donor proposals by working closely with the development, program design, and site finance teams and ensure that as new grants are awarded they are incorporated into the appropriate PIH overall country budget
- Assists with the PIH annual budgeting process by handling the information flow between budget tools and our financial system and supporting the country team as needed
- Assists in developing and maintaining various financial analyses and tools for new and ongoing cross-departmental projects such as budget creation templates, fund reporting, periodic budget vs actuals reports, and payroll processing
Domestic and international accounting (30%)
- Prepare general ledger entries for both domestic and international transactions
- Prepare various bank and balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis as a part of PIH’s domestic close process
- Generate and analyze monthly financial statement reports for several of PIH’s international sites, advising site CFOs on areas requiring focus and/or correction
- Assist in responding to inquiries through the PIH Finance Helpdesk such as working with sites to troubleshoot issues in Serenic Navigator, creating new funds, and replying to general accounting process questions
- Prepare various schedules for annual audit and tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, and/or finance
- 1-3 years of relevant experience or coursework
- Experience with information systems or proven ability to learn new systems quickly
- Advanced Excel skills Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to solve problems creatively in order to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Ability to work well with a diverse team of stakeholders, honoring the concerns and priorities of local staff in field sites
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.