Do you have financial management and business administration experience? Are your analytical and communication skills up to scratch? Would you like to work in a diverse, international and sometimes challenging environment?**
The Hivos Middle East and North African program is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy ofFinancial Officer. The position is for 36 hours per week. The work location is The Hague in The Netherlands and applicants are expected to be eligible to work in this location.
As a Financial Officer, you are responsible for the financial administration of about six current Hivos programs and developing budgets for new proposed projects. Your responsibilities include:
- applying the Hivos risk-based grant management procedures to assess financial capacity of partner organizations
- ensuring the Hivos risk-based grant management procedures are well implemented
- assessing and monitoring financial statements and reports of partner organizations, including the eligibility of supporting documents
- preparing financial reports for external auditors and donors and coordinating project audits from start to finish
- ensuring compliance with donor guidelines and requirements
- entering all relevant financial data into the project administration system
- drafting budgets and budget narratives for work plans and new proposed projects in cooperation with the project teams in The Hague.
- keeping budgets cost-recovery and in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements
You are answerable to the Middle East and North Africa Director.
We are looking for a Financial Officer who can work under pressure and who is well organized, independent, critical, thorough, and consistent. You have:
- completed a relevant education, preferably in financial management and business administration
- at least three year’s relevant work experience, with proven expertise in financial management, bookkeeping, budgeting, and financial reporting
- advanced level and effective use of Excel to create spreadsheets encompassing financial and mathematical functions
- good analytical and problem solving skills
- experience with sensitive information or in closed environments
- good communication and social interaction skills both verbally and in writing in English, with basic knowledge of Arabic as an asset
What we offer
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Business trips to partners or other Hivos offices might be included. Employment is offered as of June 1st, 2020 for the period of one year with a probation period of one month. Extension is possible, depending on performance and availability of funding. Your salary will depend on experience and relevant education and based on Hivos GO scale 10.
Hivosis an international organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Counterbalance alone, however, is not enough. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies.
The Middle East and North Africa programmeof Hivoscontributes to political and societal processes that aim at societal transformation to pluralist and democratic societies with respect for human rights and equal opportunities for all citizens. It collaborates with a variety of stakeholders including citizen activists, entrepreneurs and civil society organizations both in the region and in the diaspora to promote respect for fundamental freedoms and enhance the space for citizen participation.
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact ms. Sarah Saleh, Director MENA at Hivos, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You can applybefore May 10, 2020.**
Both aletter of motivation and resumeneed to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to email@example.com withreference code 400-33
After theFirst Round, the selected candidates may be required toundergo a further assessment by the team and/or take a financial skills test.
Direct applications only. No recruiters, please.