“All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
IFES is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor”
About the International Foundation for Election Systems(IFES): IFES advances democracy for a better future. We collaborate with civil society, public institutions and the private sector to build resilient democracies that deliver for everyone. As the global leader in the promotion and protection of democracy, our technical assistance and applied research develops trusted electoral bodies capable of conducting credible elections; effective and accountable governing institutions; civic and political processes in which all people can safely and equally participate; and innovative ways in which technology and data can positively serve elections and democracy. Since1987, IFES has worked in more than 145 countries, from developing to mature democracies.
The greatest assets of IFES are our team members. IFES offers competitive benefits and pay, as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment. Every member of the IFES team is responsible for carrying out the mission of IFES and integrating IFES values into their work every day: Commitment to Excellence, Effective Communication, High Quality Decision-Making, Accountability, Teamwork and Collaboration.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Finance & Treasury will manage the day-to-day operations of IFES budgeting, planning, financial analysis and corporate treasury functions. The position will be responsible for: a) providing key information and analysis for decision making at all levels of the organization; and b) monitoring the financial position and the soundness of the organization’s financial assets.
Budgeting & Planning:
- Manages IFES annual budget and quarterly forecast exercises, ensuring the information provided by projects, and support departments is timely and reasonable.
- Consolidates budget and forecast information and prepares pro-forma financial statements and other reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Provides periodic reports comparing actual revenue and expenditures against projects, and explaining variances.
- Prepares a wide range of ad-hoc analysis for management as requested by the CFO and the Director of Finance.
- Leads the streamlining and improvement of budgeting and reporting systems to allow easier and timely access to financial information by teams across the organization.
- Develops guidance materials and training for employees across the organization on budgeting and planning related issues.
- Supports the yearly NICRA submission.
- Prepare monthly statement of Indirects report by business units.
- Provide supporting schedules and accounting data for the annual organization audit as well as the A-133 audit.
- Oversees the preparation of daily cash status reports and cash forecasts.
- Closely monitors status of all bank accounts and deferred revenue balances. Notifies supervisor of any significant cash flow issues when they arise.
- Serves as Administrator for Bank, USG LOC and disbursement services (e.g INTL, Western Union).Initiate bank account transfers based on cash status report.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
POSITION SCOPE:Manages and/or performs highly technical or complex financial support functions, requiring knowledge of contract compliance and financial analysis, budgeting and financial controls, cash management and treasury operations, ingenuity and capacity to evaluate and respond to new and changing issues. Leads and manages activities with internal and external partners to integrate efforts toward departmental objectives. Performance and outcomes are subject to senior management oversight.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING:** Complex decision-making requiring in-depth analysis and consensus-building, subject to management review. Analyzes and proposes solutions based on knowledge of professional principles and best practices. Consults with stakeholders within and outside the organization; identifies, proposes and builds consensus around best solutions. Complex decision-making requiring in-depth analysis and consensus-building, subject to management review.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Preparing budgets, pro-forma financial statements, cash status and forecasts, monitor bank accounts, balances and cash flow.
RELATIONSHIPS:Maintains collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff, both within the headquarters and field offices.Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external partners, auditors etc. These require highly-developed interpersonal skills, active listening, creativity and problem solving to assure desired outcomes.
Education:Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance or accounting, project budget management or related field.
Experience:Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in cash management and general ledger accounting. Experience with CAS/GAAP. Experience with USAID funding rules and regulations. Working knowledge of US government contracting procedures, regulations, policies is required, including FAR, CFR and OMB circulars. Working knowledge of non-US Government donors (UNDP, DFATD, DFAT, DFID) etc. Prior experience in working with external auditors and audit function preferred. Comprehensive financial process knowledge and analytical experience. Experienced with preparing financial and management reports. Significant experience with automated business & financial systems, spreadsheets, word processing, and database software.
Related Skills or Knowledge:Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills -VBA experience a plus but not required. Experience with Costpoint and/or Deltek GCS Premiere and QuickBooks preferred. Proven track record of managing multiple priorities across multiple platforms with tight deadlines, with strong problem solving skills. Strong team building and management skills. Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
How to apply