World Vision International
*Position is contingent to funding and donor approval.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
The Food Security & Livelihood Manager – OFDA, Mozambique, you will be in charge of the overall implementation of the livelihoods activities undertaken by all OFDA partners in this consortium under the World Vision Southern Africa Floods & Cyclone Emergency Response (SAFCER). You will offer technical expertise for the consortium ensuring that the proposed livelihoods activities are implemented according to high standards that meet the objectives of the project. You will be responsible for overseeing, at all stages, the FSL activities of the OFDA Consortium Project. This World Vision Mozambique (WV MOZ) position will report to the WV OFDA Project Manager with matrix reporting to the SAFCER FSL Sector Lead.
- Bachelor degree in any area related to Livelihoods, economic development, Agriculture, Livestock, or Social Sciences.
- Strong understanding of FSL systems, established Livelihoods practices, Minimum Economic Recovery Standards, EMMA, etc.
- Three to five years of technical expertise in the areas of Food Security, Economic development or Livelihoods.
- Experience in capacity building processes, tools and methodologies.
- Excellent written English, with fluency in speaking English.
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 MAR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.