Organization: Solidarités International
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 7 months Location: Headquarter (Clichy) – possibility of teleworking
ABOUT SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL
Solidarités International is a humanitarian association working with vulnerable populations, mainly victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters. Specialized for over 37 years in the coverage of vital needs, Solidarités International supports emergency and reconstruction programmes.
Solidarités International implements its programmes with respect for cultures and as close as possible to the local population by combining its skills with those of local employees and managers. Solidarités International’s teams, composed of around 220 expatriates and nearly 1800 local employees, are today present in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean where they are particularly involved in the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, but also in the essential field of food security and livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB…
As part of the Deputy directorate of operations for programmes, the “OCTOPUS” innovation project coordinator’s mission is to finalise phase I of the pilot phase of the project and to develop a strategy and action plan for phase II scaling up, in close collaboration with the project team SI and with the project partners.
The OCTOPUS project coordinator is in charge of coordinating the research / innovation project on the dissemination of good sludge management practices in emergency situations.
The main challenges:
This research project financed by an innovation fund aims to identify the formats and dissemination channels for sharing good practices best suited for appropriation by practitioners in sludge treatment in emergency. It is conducted jointly with a research partner in charge of research and content writing. SI is charge of development and dissemination of the material.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months: –
Responsibilities and main activities:
- He/she is in charge of the partnership with the research actor of the project and of the follow-up of the research carried out by them. He/she ensures the global coherence of the project (research and dissemination parts).
- He/she ensures the relevance of the contents and formats proposed for the change of practices with the WASH technical advisor of SI, the working group of emergency sanitation practitioners and the research partner.
- He/she coordinates the development of materials with service providers and with the advice of a communications firm.
- He/she is in charge of the creation and animation of a network of stakeholders involved in the project at both, technical and humanitarian coordination levels.
- He/she develops and monitors the material dissemination plan in connection with the capitalization and technical publications manager of SI.
- He/she coordinates with a wide range of actors in the sanitation sector (humanitarian operational, humanitarian coordination, private sector, communities…) the dissemination and feedback on the use of the material produced.
- He/she coordinates the translation of teaching materials (English to French)
- He/she organizes a technical conference to launch the material developed with all stakeholders.
- He/she coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of the project and the wide dissemination of lessons learned in connection with the MEAL technical advisor.
- He/she is in charge of the contractual follow-up of the project (budgetary follow-up, respect of the time chart, indicator monitoring…)
- He/she may present and promote the results of the project as well as the materials developed at technical humanitarian forums or conferences.
- He/she is in charge of initiating phase II of the project by seeking innovative financing to ensure the handover to a partner and the sustainability of the project for the scaling up phase (availability of the OCTOPUS platform on all emergency health crises requiring intervention in FSM).
The project coordinator will report to the Wash senior technical advisor.
Specific skills and experience:
- technical postgraduate studies (public health / water / sanitation) and/or project management
- Solid experience (3-4 years) in managing humanitarian projects in the field with a WASH or public health background, including at least 1 year as programme coordinator
- Solid experience in program management including team management.
- Strong ability to adapt, analyze, organize and manage priorities
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management
- Knowledge of donors and contractual requirements
- Ability to synthesize and disseminate information
- Rigour and autonomy
- Good management of stress
- Strong ability to external representation and coordination and animation of networks with a great diversity of WASH actors (operational, humanitarian, private, authorities, international coordination…)
- Fluent English
- Good command of the French language
SI WILL OFFER YOU …
Gross monthly salary : 2680 euros (full time base) + Valuation of SI seniority
CDD 60% – 7 months
Headquarters based position with possibility of teleworking
80% mutual coverage by SI
60% Tickets restaurants taken in charge by SI (face value 8.90€)
Does this description fit you? Please send your CV and Cover letter to Aude Lazzarini, WASH Pole Manager :
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/