Organization: Solidarités International
Closing date: 15 Jan 2019
- Date of taking office : 21 January 2019
- Duration : 6 months full time
- Location : Headquarters of Solidarités International, Clichy
WHAT DO WE DO …
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid organization that has been providing relief to people affected by armed conflict and natural disasters for more than 30 years by meeting vital needs, drinking, eating and sheltering. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases related to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI implements through its interventions expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and promotion hygiene, but also in the essential, of food security and livelihood. Present in about 20 countries, SI teams – 2000 people in total composed of expatriates, national staff, permanent at headquarters, some volunteers … – intervene with professionalism and commitment to respecting cultures.
Main tasks of the internship:
Assist the logistic director of the association in the management of the logistics strategy, in connection with the IT department, the purchasing and supply department, the general services, and the operational logisticians.
Main objectives of the internship:
- Know the different programs and areas of expertise of Solidarités International
- Understand the functioning of the headquarters of a humanitarian NGO and the links between headquarters and the field
- Know the different fields of intervention of humanitarian logistics
- Develop skills in logistics indicator analysis
- Master the internal procedures of Solidarités International and the procedures of the main donors of humanitarian aid
- Ensure the link and circulation of information within the logistics department
Main tasks :
- Participate in logistic department meetings and take note of them
- Ensuring the compilation of logistic indicators and preparing the elements of analysis
- Provide support to the director and logistics managers in monitoring action plans and setting up dashboards.
- Ensure the organization of the call schedule of the emergency telephone
- Ensure the updating of logistics tools for the headquarters or the field in the technical fields (electricity, mechanics, park management, etc.)
- Prepare summary documents for the field in French and in English (Tutorials, Memos, Updates)
- Participate in the organization and coordination of logistics events
- Punctually, provide support
- to the Purchasing and Procurement Department in the processing of Paris Purchasing files for the Field, on shipments, receptions, warehouse management
- to the IT department and information system on the preparation of materials for the field
- to the desk teams for the processing of the files purchases field
- Upon request, ensure the reception of the headquarters of Solidarités International (telephone and face-to-face)
CONTRIBUTIONS FROM THE INTERNSHIP
- Discover the functioning of the headquarters of an NGO as well as the relations between headquarters and the field
- Discover the different jobs of Solidarités International at headquarters and in the field
- Have a first approach to the functioning of humanitarian missions and their specific constraints
- Discover the development and implementation of the strategy and programming of an NGO and its logistics department
- Knowledge of the procedures of Solidarités International and the main Donors
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is committed to providing the trainee with a variety of tasks as well as in-house pre-departure training to usefully reinforce their training / experience for future humanitarian engagement. This internship is an opportunity to deeply understand the functioning of a humanitarian NGO, its constraints and different approaches.
- Training level bac +2 to 5, preferably focused on humanitarian project management, supply chain logistics or technical logistics
- Real interest and motivation for associations and the humanitarian – Willingness to leave on the ground
- International work experience appreciated
- Writing skills
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Adaptability, autonomy, rigor, responsiveness, organization, efficiency, significant work capacity
- Computers: Good mastery of the essential Office Pack tools (in particular Excel)
- Fluent English
IF YOU WILL OFFER THE FOLLOWING TERMS
- Trainee with mandatory internship agreement.
- Legal gratuity of 15% of the social security hourly ceiling in force.
- The bonus is calculated in proportion to the actual hours of presence on the month. (On average 1 month = 154h, ie 22 days of 7h / day)
- Public transport supported at 50% by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL
- Restaurant vouchers at 8,90 € / day work experience, with participation of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at 60%
Do you recognize yourself in this description?
If so, send us your CV and Letter of Motivation, by e-mail only , to the attention of Fabrice Perrot, Logistics Director: email@example.com ,
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.
Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the expiry date of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
And to learn more about Solidarités International: www.solidarites.org