The award, 14k gold medal, and a cash prize of $250,000 are presented annually to a distinguished member of the international scientific community for work in a prescribed discipline that changes each year.
The Franklin Institute is a science museum and the center of science education and research in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The mission of the institute is to inspire a passion for learning about science and technology.
- Applications Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Course Level: The award is open to pursuing a degree program.
- Study Subject: The award will be given in the field of machine learning
- Scholarship Award: The applicants have an opportunity to win a cash prize of $250,000 USD
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken inthe USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements:Eligible candidates must be following all the eligibility criteria:
- This is an international competition for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning.
- This award and prize must be presented to an individual, as specified by the will of Henry Bower.
- Candidates must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be held in April 2020 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Nominations from any individual or organization will be accepted, including self-nominations.
- An email of intent to nominate would be appreciated by April 30, 2019.
- Nominations must be submitted in English and must include:
- Name and contact information of the nominee
- Name and contact information of nominator
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae and bibliography of significant and relevant publications
- Proposed citation of 50 words or fewer, highlighting the achievement(s) for which the candidate is nominated
- A narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications for the award
- Four confidential letters of support requested by the nominator sent directly to The Franklin Institute Awards Office
How to Apply:To apply for the scholarship, all nominations and supporting letters should be mailed or emailed to:
Director, The Franklin Institute Awards
The Franklin Institute
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194