French Embassy Call for Proposals for PISCCA Fund Grants in Nigeria
Call for Proposals – PISCCA Fund for Nigerian Civil Society Organizations.
The French Embassy in Nigeria has launched a call for proposals to support projects from local Civil Society Organizations through the new development fund called “Innovative Projects from Civil Societies and Coalitions of Actors” (PISCCA).
PISCCA fund is an instrument from the French Embassy in Nigeria to support projects from Nigerian Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
It aims at funding small-scale, medium-scale and innovative projects and local initiatives carried out by civil society organizations.
Since last year, the Embassy of France is implementing a new PISCCA fund.
Last year, several different projects were supported addressing the promotion of women’s rights, sport and disabled people’s rights or even peacebuilding process across several states in Nigeria.
The underlying principle of PISCCA is to encourage innovative projects carried out by motivated small and medium-sized CSOs that are showing potential for growth, strive to implement new ideas and want to make a difference in their community.
Therefore, PISCCA aims at funding small-scale projects and local initiatives which contribute to the following objectives:
- Bring concrete and positive changes in the life of the beneficiaries and communities;
- Strengthen the capacities of both beneficiaries and the Nigerian civil society;
- Promote social, economic, political, cultural rights and sustainable development;
- Foster networking and synergies between stakeholders on the field.Priority Areas
- Socio-economic development and professional integration of women and young people.
- Promotion of human rights, inclusive participation to the public life and citizen involvement.The following activities will be key priorities during the selection process:
- Activities aimed at reducing gender inequalities, promoting combat against gender-based violence and gender stereotypes;
- Activities aimed at mitigating the negative impacts of climate change and environmental degradation;
- Transversal projects and activities that fall under more than one priority area.Funding Information
- The contribution by PISCCA should be between 50 000 € and 100 000€.
- The timeframe for the project should be a maximum of 6 months.
- The expected contribution of the applicant should be at least 10% of the total cost of the project (material contributions or in terms of human resources of the applicant).Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants to this Fund must be a member of a Nigerian Civil Society organization (associations, local and international NGOs, cooperatives), especially organizations supported by women or young people, or any non-profit-making legal person governed by private law, officially registered for at least 24 months by the Nigerian authorities.
- Entities that have already carried out concrete activities in the sector for which this grant is requested.
- Each organization can only submit one project.
- The program strongly encourages synergies, partnerships and coalitions of actors, including more experienced organizations, community groups or local authorities.Transversal projects that falls under more than one priority area are strongly encouraged as well.
- The sustainable emergence of a competent network of local CSOs capable of contributing to social cohesion between generations, women and men, different nationalities or ethnic groups coexisting in the same neighborhood, village or city;
- The Nigerian civil society thus enhances its leading role in defining priorities and development strategies;
- The Nigerian civil society is able to raise citizen actions that support socio-economic development, especially regarding youth and gender equality issues;
- The Nigerian civil society reinforces its commitment to promote and address human rights and gender issues;
- The Nigerian civil society reinforces its commitment to promote the fight against climate change and address environmental issues;Selection Requirements
The French Embassy’s Cooperation and Cultural Affairs Department is in charge of the first examination of the proposals and will check the following elements to ensure the preselected proposals meet all the requirements:
- The nature of the project must be aligned with PISCCA’s main objectives and priorities;
- The proposal meets all the eligibility criteria and financial conditions;
- The total duration of the project may not exceed 6 months;
- The proposal includes a gendered approach and/or is addressing climate change issue;
- The applicant is well acquainted with the specific local context and have a previous experience in implementing similar projects;
- The projects have an innovative approach and the willingness to coordinate its implemented activities with development actors and public policies;
- The budget of the project is realistic and the project is cost-effective to ensure its sustainability;
- The development of innovative partnerships between structures from different sectors as well as co financing will be valued criteria.How to Apply
To apply, please download the application form from the given website.
Apply by 15th March.
For more information and application details, see; French Embassy Call for Proposals for PISCCA Fund Grants in Nigeria