French-Philippine NGOs Call for Proposals and Funding Opportunities
The Embassy of France to the Philippines has been launching an annual call for project proposals for the benefit of disadvantaged communities.
In the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is important for the project or activity proposals to benefit a disadvantaged community or social group directly affected by this health crisis, or assist them in responding to issues caused by it.
Proposals are not limited to a particular theme: projects can be related to health, the environment, education, or social issues.
Two NGOs will be awarded this year. Following the evaluation of these projects, the first awardee will receive a total financial grant worth 300 000 PHP from the Embassy of France to the Philippines, while the second awardee will receive a total financial grant worth 100 000 PHP.
- All locally-recognized organizations associated with the activities collectively implemented by the network of Franco-Philippine associations can submit an application to this call for proposal.
- The actual grant application should be signed by a bona fide member of the association.
- Only one application is allowed per association. The application requirements must be complete and duly accomplished.Selection Criteria
The call for proposals is not restricted by sector nor by theme, as long as the project takes into account the current health context and develops activities for the benefit of a disadvantaged community or social group.
The project must meet the following objectives:
- Must be a medium- or long–term engagement in order to go further than a one-off action focused on information;
- Must be locally registered in order to mobilize local parties;
- Must be based on actions that would benefit an underprivileged community or social group;
- Must respond to issue(s) caused by the current health crisis. The project proposal must include its implementation, objectives, method, schedule/timeline, as well as its human and financial resources.The selection is based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the project (risks and opportunities related to the project)
- Competence of the association to carry out the project;
- Innovative quality of the project;
- Outcome measures on the beneficiaries and its sustainability.
- Projects involving the participation of women and girls, including the strengthening of their potential and of the measures ensuring their protection, will be particularly appreciated.Apply by 15th August.
For more information and application details, see; French-Philippine NGOs Call for Proposals and Funding Opportunities