Funded Global South Workshops: The Global South Workshop is an opportunity for PhD students from universities in southern developing countries to present their research to and discuss it with professors and PhD candidates from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Switzerland, in order to benefit from their expertise.
In addition to facilitating intellectual exchange, this programme is intended to initiate the development of a network of young graduates from institutions of higher learning in the North and in the South.
Global South Doctoral Workshop Objectives
This programme is intended to facilitate a network of young scholars from southern countries by providing them opportunities to interact and share experiences with fellow scholars from the south, and develop collaborative frameworks and projects that may help advance the salience of southern perspectives in their fields and disciplines.
Global South Doctoral Workshop Funding
All selected participants receive funding to cover expenses for travel, accommodation and meals; this scholarship is supported by the Swiss Federal Department for Foreign Affairs.
Global South Doctoral Workshop Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill the following conditions:
- Eligible candidates should be nearing completion of their Ph.Ds at a Southern university;
- The research topic should be in international studies, preferably from southern perspectives, and/or at their intersection with development studies;
- Knowledge of English is essential.
Global South Doctoral Workshop Applications
Candidates must complete the online application form which includes:
- A statement of motivation;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Contact details of two academic referees;
- A 2,000-word summary of the Ph.D. project along with the chapters outline.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April.
For more information and scholarship application, see: Funded Global South Workshops