CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly innovative Program Funding and Reporting Coordinator, which is a critical position within CARE Sudan and combines two important functions. Coordinating and leading funding and donor relations in the country office. Ensuring timely and high quality reporting to donors is another key responsibility of this role. The post holder will report to Program Design and Quality Coordinator and works in collaboration with Program Director, managers and technical experts to obtain necessary information and inputs to produce quality proposal and donor reports. S/he will ensure, together with the MEAL staff within CARE Sudan, that the project monitoring, accountability and learning systems support donor reporting requirements. S/he will develop/ review simple reporting templates for field teams to gather case studies and other qualitative information to support the quantitative output based data that will be gathered through regular project monitoring. The position holder will also be responsible to build capacity of program staff in writing report and success stories
1. Fund-raising and donor relations
The fund raising function involves the following:
- Establish and maintain strategic relations with relevant donors;
- Map potential opportunities, prepare and maintain up-to-date funding strategies and plans for CARE Sudan
- Identify new traditional and non-traditional donors and maintain relationships with all donors, UN agencies, private sectors and other stakeholders
- Maintain excellent relationships with CARE Member Partner teams who directly liaise with donors in their respective countries.
- Work closely with other CARE networks
- Lead funding processes according to CARE’s fund raising standards; responsible for quality control of funding processes and communications; recommending changes to processes as needed
2. Proposal development
- Review/ develop a clear proposal and program development process
- Develop high quality and innovative proposals to secure funding in line with CARE’s strategy in Sudan.
- Ensure proposal development allows quality, responsive, timely and participatory processes
- Ensure calls for proposals are summarized and shared to staff to enable timely Go-No-Go decisions and preparation
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the operating context in Sudan, the humanitarian and long term development programming opportunities, needs and gaps, so that the proposals submitted by CARE are grounded in sound assessments and an in-depth understanding of the context
3. Grant Stewardship and Reporting
- Assess and strengthen the capacity of staffs in the planning, securing and management of restricted funds using appropriate methodology, such as formal training, technical guidance, coaching and accompaniment.
- Build the capacity of CARE and partners staff, in particular in report writing skills and presentation
- Ensure that grants files, both electronic and paper, are complete and kept up-to date
- Understand and maintain donors database reporting trackers and other resources are documented and updated
- Provide professional support, compliance advice and training to managers/budget holders/support
- Resolve diverse problems particularly in the area of restricted funding in relation to donors compliance
- Coordinate reporting templates and time line are respected, quality reports are produced and delivered to donors
4. Coordination and Representation
- Ensure effective coordination with CARE and other affiliates at country, regional, and head office levels to ensure overview of funding, proposal submissions and donor liaison
- Establish and maintain funding grids, proposal pipelines, and progress reports
- Work effectively with colleagues in other functions (such as finance, administration, filed offices)
- Support programme teams in contract management systems, grant inception workshops,
- Represent CARE Sudan within CARE International, and other forums in Sudan related to fund raising, strategic plan development, government and donors relations
- Master’s degree in International Development, Public Health, Food Security, DRR, Sustainable development,
- High level of budgeting, financial reporting and IT skills
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team to achieve fund raising objectives
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in program development, proposal writing, fund raising and/or business development in the humanitarian sector
- Proven experience and knowledge in preparing successful bids Demonstrated success in the area of new business development
- Excellent proposal writing, communication, interpersonal skills and donor engagement skills
- Ability to do multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of NGO programming in emergencies; Knowledge or experience of CARE’s programme work and frameworks
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
- **Apply now