Funding in Tanzania for Promotion of Sanitation and Hygiene
The Enabel has announced a call for proposals for the Promotion of Sanitation and Hygiene to contribute towards equitable development and poverty reduction among Kigoma communities through improved access to safe and clean water supply and sanitation services.
The Government of Tanzania through the Ministry of Water, in collaboration with development partners, is improving water supply and sanitation services in the country.
In partnership with the Kingdom of Belgium, the government of Tanzania is implementing a 5- year water and sanitation project in 22 villages across the six districts in Kigoma region.
The project is anchored in the Regional Administrative Secretary in Kigoma where Enabel – Belgian Development Agency – and the Rural Water and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) are managing its implementation.
- The general objective of the action under this Call for Proposals is to complement the water supply efforts made in the project by promoting hygiene behaviours that ensure that the clean water collected from the commissioned water supply remains safe for human consumption.The specific objectives (SOs) of the action are:
- To promote safe hygiene practices in water collection, transporting storage and use at household level in 22 project villages.
- To promote sanitation and hygiene at all communal water service points in the schemes in the targeted villages.
- To improve handwashing behaviour in the targeted communities.
- To facilitate improved use and maintenance of latrines in the project villages.Expected Results
Expected key results in this grant are as follows:
- Practices in transporting water to households, and management of domestic water are improved.
- Sanitation is maintained at all communal service points and around all service tanks in the targeted water supply schemes.
- All Community-Based Water Supply Organizations are implementing hygiene and sanitation plans.
- Households and their members in the targeted areas adopt safe hand hygiene practices.
- Households adopt latrine use and improved management of these facilities.Funding Information
The total indicative amount available under this Call for Proposals is 300,000 EUR. The contracting authority reserves the right not to award all of the available funds.
Any grant application under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- Minimum amount: EUR 250,000
- Maximum amount: EUR 300,000Eligibility Criteria
To be admissible for grants, the applicant must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant will be local or international non-governmental and not-for-profit organization, established or represented in Tanzania with a track record achieved over years of experience in executing sanitation and hygiene projects;
- The potential applicant may not participate in this Calls for Proposals, nor may they be the beneficiary of grants should one of the following situations be applicable to them:
- They are in a state of or the subject of proceedings relating to bankruptcy, winding up, administration by the courts, arrangement with creditors, cessation of business activities, or are in any similar situation arising from proceedings of the same nature provided for in national legislation or regulations;
- They have been the subject of a judgement which has the force of res judicata (i.e. against which no appeal is possible) for any offence involving their professional conduct;
- They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means, which the contracting authorities can justify;They have not fulfilled their obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the contracting authority’s country or those of the country where the contract is to be performed;
- They have been the subject of a judgement which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity.Apply by 2nd November.
For more information and application details, see; Funding in Tanzania for Promotion of Sanitation and Hygiene