Organization: Oxfam America
Closing date: 22 Sep 2018
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Duty station: Based in Khartoum with frequent travel to the program sites
Department: Program Support Unit
Reporting to: Country Director, with dotted line to Sr. Development Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed term
Contract Length: 12 months
Purpose: The Fundraising Coordinator will support the Country Director and Humanitarian Coordinator with the preparation, submission and monitoring of donor grants.
Summary of the position:
The Fundraising Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of the funding strategy/plans, management of donor contracts, relationships with donors, donor intelligence &mapping, oversee and provide specialized donor information and requirements;
Ensure development of quality proposals & grant management, compliance with donor and internal organization requirements; oversee information management related to grant and program implementation by setting systems that permit g production of timely and quality reporting and assist in integrated program development
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Strategy and planning:
- Lead in development and updating the Sudan fundraising strategy at least twice a year.
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective tactics and approaches to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams.
- In cooperation with the Country Director, lead the development of any long-term strategy to achieve agreed long term organisational goals.
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds.
- Planning and co-ordination of funding from key institutional donors and with HQ based funding units in conjunction with national program staff.
- Using TA to track all funding activity with donors.
- Update and implement funding plans in coordination with Regional, Country and Boston-based funding structures to optimise income specifically for country programs.
- Co-ordinate all funding proposals and reports to donors for the country program and support country team with the preparation & submission to donors.
- Identify, assess and coordinate with Regional and Country Director to approach new donors or funding sources and represent Oxfam as required with donors together with relevant programme staff.
- Work with Funding Departments of other Oxfam affiliate to maximize funding opportunities for Country Program by leading and coordinating proposal development and communicating with his/her counterparts within Oxfam affiliates.
- Attend donor training and workshops to ensure update knowledge of funding opportunities and requirements.
- Analyse and provide advice to program staff on the funding policies and formal requirements of donors.
- Coordinate and share information with Institutional Support Department (ISD), attending planning and training meetings as necessary and upholding standards developed by ISD.
- Provide support for the analysis of donor trends, financial and contract information for the region.
- Help develop information for induction, funding manuals and other resources for use by the country program and finance staff, in coordination with Regional Funding Unit.
Grant Management / Donor Compliance
- Ensure appropriate contract management of donor contracts in country, including submission of reports; ensure compliance with donor requirements and use appropriate Oxfam procedures and systems.
- Ensure full compliance with Oxfam minimum operating standards for grant management and work with implementing partners when required.
- Work with Budget Holders and Finance Team to monitor all grant budgets to ensure compliance with donor requirements; review budget realignment and grant extension request; and also monitor expenditures to ensure compliance with budgets.
- Act as a central point of organisational expertise on donor compliance requirements, ensuring that relevant staffs of all departments are informed of donor requirements; work closely with all departments to ensure compliance. Provide technical support to assess donor eligibility/allow ability of planned expenditures and identify related compliance requirements.
- Organise and participate in grant opening/inception, mid-term review and closure meetings and develop, with support of the Country Director, a mechanism to hold Budget Holders accountable for deviations from the grant contracts.
- Maintain a reporting tracking system to ensure that responsible staff are aware of upcoming deadlines.
- Verify that financial and narrative reports are coherent and adhere to donor and Oxfam standards before submission.
- Monitor funding status.
- Participate in all program reviews, monitoring and evaluation and ensure lessons learnt are incorporated and reflected in funding proposals and reports to donors.
- Support the Country Director and to ensure effective implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reviews of Oxfam programs in Sudan.
- Work the program team, Oxfam partners and Government staff to Identify areas for capacity building related to fundraising, proposal & report writing and grant management for Oxfam staff and partners.
- Make sure capacity building initiatives are systematic and result based.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills,
- BA in social sciences / MA in development studies
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in project design, proposal writing, with at least three years overseas experiences.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of other languages (Arabic) is an asset
- Experience in dealing with multi donor projects documented and traceable.
- Experience in program development, proposal and concept notes writing and engagement with donors.
- Ability to work in stressful environment including working in multiple proposal and reports with strict deadlines.
- Solid experience in grants management.
- Strong interpersonal skills including good team work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s goal to end poverty and suffering
- Previous knowledge of working with both traditional and non-traditional donors.
- Computer literacy is a must
- Experience in one of Oxfam thematic areas such as WASH, EFSVL, Protection and/or resilience.
- Knowledge of the working context of Sudan.