Established in 1991,Windowshas extensive experience in developing and implementing independent education projects based on equal partnership between Palestinians from the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), Palestinian citizens of Israel and Israeli Jews: long-term programs that address the imbalance of power between the sides and the real needs of the participants. Therefore, our programs enable youth to critically engage with the challenges of the situation in a safe atmosphere that facilitates a change of feelings and perceptions. This change in turn leads to new attitudes and behaviors that are needed in order to create conditions for a future that is based on human rights for all. Our goal is to empower youth to take the responsibility to know more and take action towards this future.
Please note that there is no direct participation of the interns in the youth programs, but the interns are working behind the scenes in order to make them possible.All internships are unpaidbut offer valuable experience in a friendly atmosphere. Windows’ interns are considered an essential part of Windows team and are treated as such. Interns have the opportunity to coordinate projects and gain direct exposure to the workings of a non-profit organization. In addition, students are often able to arrange academic credits with their universities. Internships are usually a 3 months.
- Research funding opportunities
- Write and edit applications
- Manage the grant process from identifying donors, through applications, ongoing communications with donors to reports
- Must be able to commit at least 25-35 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months. Applications taken on a rolling basis. Preferred start date is May 2019
- Working proficiency in English
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Fundraising experience preferred
· You must be eligible for an Israeli Visa. Windows has no ability to help in obtaining the visa.
*Unfortunately, based on our experiences from the past, we know that it is very hard for applicants coming from African/Arab/Muslim countries to get an Israeli visa.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your motivation, expectations and dates of availability firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are taken on a rolling basis.Preferred starting date: May 2019 or later