The Program Manager will work with the field team and HQ leadership on day to day operations, including grant management and reporting, human resources management, program design and implementation, program support operations, finance, administration, and management of field projects. The Program Manager will attend meetings and, in some cases, represent the Foundation in meetings or events in Iraq.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of religious minority members recovering from severe persecution, and someone who believes in the importance and value of civil society organizations.
The Program Manager will be accountable directly to the FYF Operations Manager and the FYF Executive Director at Headquarters level.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform a number of functions.
· To ensure the optimal implementation of projects and ensure their alignment towards FYF.
· To ensure the donor requirements are met with quality reporting from the field.
· Maintain teamwork and ensures a productive working environment for staff members.
· Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization.
Administration and Management
· Serve as the primary lead for reporting to donors on FYF projects, in close coordination with HQ leadership
· Set up appropriate systems/surveys for monthly and quarterly reporting per project to donors.
· Support FYF on various administrative and management tasks.
· Work closely with country team colleagues in Iraq on management and administrative backstopping if and when necessary.
· Support the financial oversight of the Foundation, in coordination with the financial team members in the field and at HQ level.
· Maintain orderly files, and involve relevant internal stakeholders in communications.
· Liaise with team members in regards to financial reporting to ensure that financial reports are submitted on time, in adherence with financial reporting requirements, and that they correspond to the narrative reports.
· Contribute to elements of field and HQ human resource policies and codes of conduct, in coordination with senior team members.
· Ensure databases are updated for reporting and knowledge retention, in coordination with field team members.
Awareness and Public Communications
· Contribute to the preparation of materials for proposals, meetings, and external communications.
· Lead in the production of material to share with donors and inform Yezidi and international community of FYF activities.
· Collect data on FYF activities in the field to create informational reports and packages to be used on the website and elsewhere. This will include activities in the children’s center, women’s center, trauma work, GBV, justice efforts and other projects.
· Contributing to FYF efforts to present new informational packages are presented on the website.
· Understand the FYF program portfolio, associated outputs and outcomes, and communicate the organization’s mission.
· Maintain daily coordination with fellow field-based staff, leading streamlined program reporting from the field to the HQ office.
· Help collect and package photos, videos, and other collateral for communications packages.
Development and Partnerships
· Assist in developing and adapting the organization’s fundraising strategy, seek and screen new funding opportunities.
· Work with the Executive Director to establish and maintain positive relationships with donors and potential donors.
· Assist in concepts for funding proposals.
· Proactively follow-up with the donors following proposal submission to monitor progress, answer questions and amend submission as necessary.
· Work with key donor staff members to develop and maintain relationships.
· Serve as primary lead for program reporting, ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures and donor regulations.
· Remain updated of quantitative and qualitative program information to be shared with partners, stakeholders and donors (past and current programs).
· Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Qualifications and Competencies
Education, Knowledge and Experience
· A bachelor’s degree in International Development or related field is a distinct advantage. Master’s degree in Humanitarian or Development Studies preferred.
· Three years of relevant experience.
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including ability to analyze and present a cogent argument both in writing and orally.
· Experience managing and prioritizing a high workload with a flexible approach to changing environments.
· Interest in displaced persons, religious freedom, anti-trafficking initiatives, sexual violence in conflict, women’s rights & empowerment, genocide and atrocities issues, justice and accountability, trauma, and crisis recovery.
· Proven capabilities in teamwork and collaboration are required, with the ability to work among a diverse team, communicate effectively with individuals, and navigate difficult situations.
· Experience in donor reporting and management preferred.
· Skills and knowledge in working with humanitarian field program staff preferred.
· Strong computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software.
· Proven diplomatic and public relations skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners preferred, with the ability to publicly represent an organization.
Base of Operations
Length of Contract
The contract lasts for 12 months, and is renewable.
· Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale and commensurate with experience.
· Twenty days of paid leave per year, along with FYF listed holidays for field staff.
Upon Joining FYF
FYF has non-disclosure and liability waiver clauses in the contract for all employees upon joining the team. All paperwork will be managed between the time the job offer is sent and the candidate begins work.
How to apply
All candidates interested in this position should send their CVs and a cover letter of interest to FYF’s Human Resources team, at:
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.