Deadline:7 May 2019
The Gasworks is offering Residency which are opportunities for self-led professional development, artistic exchange, and experimentation to support artists based in Switzerland.
This opportunity will enable an aspiring Swiss or Switzerland-based artist to undertake a fully-funded residency at Gasworks in London from 30 September to 16 December 2019. The call is open to artists up to the age of 35 who are in the first 5 years of their professional artistic careers (either after they have obtained their artistic degree or following the first public presentation of their work).
The Residency Comprises:
- 24-hour access to a fully accessible studio at Gasworks, alongside other visiting artists and Gasworks’ permanent studio holders.
- An Open Studio, or similar public presentations, at Gasworks
- Single room accommodation within Gasworks Residencies House (a 3-story house, shared with 3 other artists-in-residence)
- Basic living expenses in London (£150 p/week)
- Economy return flights from the artist’s home city to London
- Travelcard (zones 1+2) for unlimited travel within central London for the duration of the residency
- Administrative, pastoral and curatorial support from Gasworks (during office hours)
- An artist’s statement describing applicants practice and areas of interest (up to 250 words).
- A minimum of 10 images of recent work, with captions and a short description if necessary including evidence of previous experience in developing and delivering new commissions.
- A CV/Resume.
- A simple statement outlining their plans, if applicants were to be offered the residency, which could include a short description of a research project specific to the context of London or their residency at Gasworks (up to 250 words). This proposal does not have to be definitive and can change during the course of the residency.
- Any relevant documentation (e.g. articles or papers about work, exhibitions, publications, etc).
- A cover sheet with name, contact address, e-mail, and telephone numbers if available, plus confirmation that applicant will be available from 30 September to 16 December 2019, if selected.
Please notethat there is a 10MB limit on pdf submissions. If applicants file is not in pdf format or is over 10MB then applicants will not be able to submit it.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.gasworks.org.uk/opportunities/for-artists-based-in-switzerland-2