Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Facilitate and oversee the planning and implementation of GBV activities.
· Lead/Facilitate all qualitative assessments (Focus Groups Discussions) to better understand the risks of GBV inside both the IDPs camp and host community to map points of service for GBV survivors, and to identify support structures.
· Regularly conduct field monitoring and supportive supervision to provide feedback and guidance to staff to improve the services provided.
· Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures.
· Identify and document lessons learned and good practices.
· Coordinate with all relevant actors and actively participate in Protection and other meetings to put multi-sectoral prevention and response in place
· Provides technical and programmatic support for GBV-related research and assessments.
· Identifies and disseminates latest research and good programming practices on GBV protection issues.
· Perform any other duties as may be required by the Supervisor
· Ensure beneficiary feedback is part and parcel of the IRS grants MEAL systems so that participants views on the programs’ relevance and success are regularly collected and analyzed;
· Writes and support direct reports to write briefs, human interest stories and papers that can be used for advocacy or information purposes;
· Facilitate and document regular project reviews with IRS team and ensure these reviews inform project implementation and are used to improve project quality;
· Ensure the project staff are trained on the developed monitoring and evaluation system and tools they are supposed to use for reporting purposes (including the GBV data system);
· Minimum qualification of Bachelor degree in Social science, human rights and development and any other related fields.
· Professional experience, preferably a minimum of 6 months, in Protection and gender analysis, implementing protection projects, and coordination protection activities.
· Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
· Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and/or local authorities is preferred.
· Experience in community mobilizations and networking. Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
· Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team;
· Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
· Computer literate (Word and Excel);
· Fluency in English and Somali;
· Arabic speaking person is an added advantage
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
· Knowledge of the refugee caseload and situation in Mogadishu is a plus.
· IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
· Each application should be addressed to the HR account:firstname.lastname@example.org include the following:
· An updated CV; and · An application letter
· Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
· Copy of your National ID card or passport
· And contact information for three work-related referees.
· Females are highly encouraged to apply.
· Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear asGENDER ANALYSIS INTERN or ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES PROVIDER INTERN.