Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist (Part-Time), Yemen Continuous Learning & Evaluation Activity, Amman, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship will be considered. **
The Geographic Information System specialist (half-time position) will create visual information products and maps for reports, evaluations and studies.
- Assist USAID and YCLE in developing effective tools and processes to collect, manage and combine spatial datasets
- Build and maintain relationships with the GoJ, USAID, and third-party partners to establish and maintain library of geospatial data including project specific datasets and base data
- Standardize and clean geospatial datasets and associated attributes across project specific datasets
- Lead field data collection efforts as necessary using smartphones, paper surveys, and other data collection techniques
- Create maps, infographics, and other cartographic products on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Conduct basic geospatial analysis on collected datasets per the direction of USAID and YCLE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in geography, cartography, GIS, earth sciences, or related field
- A minimum five years of professional experience in GIS, geography, or related field
- Five years’ experience with ArcGIS Desktop 9x, 10x
- Experience with QGIS, other open source GIS software, and ArcGIS Online
- Experience in supporting field data collection utilizing mobile data collection devices and applications
- Excellent data management skills and experience working with datasets in multiple formats including shapefile, geodatabase, CSV, and XLS
- Fluency in English language is highly desirable
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com