Specific duties within the programs internship may include:
- Helping to review, evaluate, and analyze programmatic data and data collection strategies.
- Supporting the implementation of a monitoring, evaluation, and learning framework based on global best practices.
- Facilitating the design and standardization of programs process documents.
- Providing overall support to Glimmer’s Programs and Special Projects teams.
- You’re a world changer. Interested in serving humanity? An internship at Glimmer means you’ll be a part of something big. Something that helps create change in your world.
- You’re independent and innovative, yet roll with the punches. We expect creative thinking and solutions from everyone here.
- You are a self-starter who thinks outside the box and provides real-time solutions without handholding. Our close-knit departments constantly overlap, so you can jump right into group projects, and deal with a diverse group.
- Your organization skills intimidate Martha Stewart. You stay organized throughout the duration of a project and are able to juggle multiple projects at a time. You’re a firm believer that every detail matters.
- You get things done. You’re a pro at meeting deadlines. If you don’t know, you ask questions and get what you need to get the job done. You communicate early on if there is a problem. You don’t just show up, you perform your best.
- Knowledgeable and experienced. You have the education and work experience to back up your mad skills as a communicator and data analyst.
We’re looking for a part-time intern to support our Austin-based team for summer 2020. Please only apply if you are located in Austin, Texas.
An internship at A Glimmer of Hope is an incredible opportunity for students to gain experience at an international non-profit with a mission to help change the world. This is an unpaid internship, but it may count for internship credit at your college or university.
Please note that this position may be temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and answers to the following questions to email@example.com with Intern in the subject line. Please do not apply without submitting answers to the questions:
- Describe yourself.
- How did you become familiar with Glimmer?
- Why is cross-cultural work important to you?
- Explain why you are applying for this position, and what makes you a good fit.
- If you are accepted, what will your personal goals be during your time here?
- What are two or three of your favorite websites?
- What is the last book that you read and enjoyed? The last book you read and didn’t enjoy?
- What are your three favorite movies?