- September 23, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently registered in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget in excess of €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA and UN Agencies, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
GOAL is part of a Consortium with IMA World Health, John Snow Institute, Pathfinder and others to implement a large USAID Global Health programme targeting increased resilience of Maternal Newborn and Child Health services in 34 fragile countries across the world. GOAL’s role is as the led technical advisor in Resilience.
GOAL is establishing a Programme Innovation Lab to be a dynamic and collaborative unit to foster innovation emerging from within GOAL’s programmes and to promote this work these internally and with the wider development and humanitarian community.
The Global Programmes Support Officer will support the implementation of two global programmes for GOAL including USAID MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience and the Programme Innovation Lab. The PSO will be based in Ireland and reporting to the Deputy Director Programme Design and Innovation. The role will involve close coordination with the MOMENTUM Operations Manager and MOMENTUM Lead Resilience Advisor in GOAL USA Fund and the finance team working on this project as well as the Programmes Innovation Lab team.
- As directed by team leadership, provide support for MOMENTUM and the Innovation Lab in their administration and grant management.
- Provide support for MOMENTUM and the Innovations Lab in the development of reports and proposals as required.
- Develop a working knowledge of mechanisms used to report to major donor agencies, specifically: Irish Aid’s Programme Funding and humanitarian instruments; USAID; ECHO; EuropeAid; DFID; etc. Develop familiarity with relevant donor guidelines in the event that support is required.
- Gap fill for Desk Officers on leave / in the field / role under recruitment as required.
Country and Operations Team
- Arrange and minute communications for MOMENTUM and Innovation Lab meetings, weekly team meetings and programme review committee meetings and others as requested.
- Provide support on the consolidation and review of the Annual workplans.
- Work with the Communications Department and Momentum and Innovation Lab programme teams to develop and submit high quality case studies, stories of change or success stories and media input.
- Emergency support – Providing general support for Desk during emergency response, including sitreps and GMS support.
- When available provide support as requested to Desk Officers working in support of GOAL’s country programmes.
- Providing support to Desk Officers to improve integrity and ensure the Grant Management System, GMS is up to date
- Where required, support the maintenance of key departmental systems including the internal SharePoint page and grant management system.
- Be prepared to assume a wide range of other activities as prescribed by the Operations Team’s leadership.
- A Bachelors’ degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in administration with demonstrable capacity for delivering accurate work on time in a dynamic and multi-priority context.
- A strong sense of mission and appreciation of the aims and objectives of GOAL.
- Adept in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Behaviours (Values in practice)
Highlight the behaviours that will be required to achieve a high performance in the role.
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
How to apply
Please Apply Here