At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Delivery (PDEL) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Delivery Team, contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Program Delivery Intern will support the Global Programs portfolio, which includes several global awards. The Intern learns Pact’s program and knowledge management systems and interacts daily with colleagues in country offices and DC-based departments. S/he works closely with the Senior Program Officer, other PD team members, and cross-departmental colleagues in a team approach. In addition to being a part-time temporary staff position, the internship is a learning opportunity for a professional interested in a career in international development. The intern reports to the Senior Program Officer, Global Programs. The internship is paid, and takes place from March 25th to August 30th, 2019, with a schedule of up to 40 hours per week.
Program and Field Support
- Provide operational and administrative support to projects within the Global portfolio; coordinate timely and comprehensive responses to home office and country teams’ requests and needs
- Assist with project-start up and logistics including liaising with Shared Services
- Assist with project staffing and recruitment
- Assist home office and country office staff in the development of project reports, work plans and budgets
- Schedule meetings and take notes as requested
- Develop consultancy and vendor agreements
- Pay invoices and prepare payment requests for Pact vendors and consultants as requested
- Assist in coordinating schedules and logistics for visiting field staff members
Communications, Research and Knowledge Management
- Maintain knowledge management systems and update webpage content by posting key documents on the intranet and shared drives, including meeting notes, reports, etc.
- Maintain the e-filing system of shared network drives, saving all relevant material to the designated location
- Create, review and update communication materials
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Regional Studies, Program Management, Public Health or related field
- At least six months of full-time work experience in an office environment
- Self-starter and independent worker who can also work well as a team member
- Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with Pact staff at HQ or in overseas offices
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written cross-cultural communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Strong interest in international development
- Fluency in English
- Pursuing or recently completed Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Regional Studies, Program Management, Public Health or related field
- Experience in a developing country context strongly preferred
- Proficiency in another relevant language preferred
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1187/global-programs-intern/job